• Announcements

• Giancarlo

Windows Domotz Agent Manager - Available to be downloaded   08/02/18

We are glad to announce that we have completed the development of the first Beta version of our Domotz Agent Manager for Windows.   It has been completely tested on Windows 10, but it should work also on Windows 8 and Windows 7.   You can download the Agent directly from the following link:   DomotzAgentManager   Note that the application will install an Oracle VM VirtualBox (if not installed yet) and it will download the proper image which contains the Domotz Software. Virtualization option is required to be enabled on the hardware.    For any feedback, issue or concern, please do not hesitate to contact support@domotz.com

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rmervine

Ability to Monitor Custom Ports on a Server

12 posts in this topic

I don't know how much this applies to home users, but I have a few ports open on my home server. For example, I have an Amazon Echo Bridge that does HTTP access over port 8082 It would be nice to have the ability to monitor this port in case the Java App crashes. This would have to be the killer feature for me on using a Domotz account.

Useful suggestion.

At the moment what you could do is to add 8082 as a custom port in the "Connect" section of that device. Then you can check manually if it works, by just pressing a  button. I do not think it is what you want but at least you can have a quick link to it.... 

What we could add in the future is the ability of periodically check those ports configured in that section...

Another useful thing would be setting port for alerts; e.g. a Database-Port to get an alert if the DB-Server isn't available anymore.

Or any other server running on a host.

Update for you guys: we are going to add port/service monitoring  by August. Stay tuned.

On 7/16/2016 at 5:40 PM, Silvio said:

Update for you guys: we are going to add port/service monitoring  by August. Stay tuned.

Good job :-)

outstanding2.png

Thank you!

This is in prod since few days. Perhaps it is a bit hidden in the alert section of devices (we should improve the look & feel a bit perhaps)... but it's working! 

Good effort - will go looking for it :-)

On 9.9.2016 at 4:52 PM, Silvio said:

Thank you!

This is in prod since few days. Perhaps it is a bit hidden in the alert section of devices (we should improve the look & feel a bit perhaps)... but it's working! 

AND, it sees not working?! I get the attached error message if trying to add a custom port.

Bildschirmfoto 2016-10-12 um 00.09.08.png

3 hours ago, LFalkenburg said:

AND, it sees not working?! I get the attached error message if trying to add a custom port.

Bildschirmfoto 2016-10-12 um 00.09.08.png

Is this happening every single time? for all the device?

Please, send an email to support@domotz.com with details, so that support team can follow up on this case.

I would like to be able to specify a target by IP address to test.

For example. I have a number of VPN tunnels to clients that have a web application or a terminal server that my users need access to. My firewall will tell me if the tunnel goes down, but i'd like to know if the application goes down on the other end of the tunnel. Also, i'd like to put the corporate web site on alerts.

Any hope of expanding this to satisfy this requirement?

Thank you

19 hours ago, dantell said:

I would like to be able to specify a target by IP address to test.

For example. I have a number of VPN tunnels to clients that have a web application or a terminal server that my users need access to. My firewall will tell me if the tunnel goes down, but i'd like to know if the application goes down on the other end of the tunnel. Also, i'd like to put the corporate web site on alerts.

Any hope of expanding this to satisfy this requirement?

Thank you

Just stay tuned. There might be something for you pretty soon regarding your request about custom private IP.

On the other hand, monitoring corporate web site, it not yet there.