TokyoIoT

Problem with installation on the QNAP TS-x69 series

22 posts in this topic

QNAP NAS recognized that I had Domotz installed and indicated that there was an update available on the QNAP App Store. The update installed without any problems. I did a reset of the agent and the agent indicated it was downloading (another) update.

The final result though is that the agent is still not doing a device scan on the TS-269 Pro.

1 hour ago, TokyoIoT said:

QNAP NAS recognized that I had Domotz installed and indicated that there was an update available on the QNAP App Store. The update installed without any problems. I did a reset of the agent and the agent indicated it was downloading (another) update.

The final result though is that the agent is still not doing a device scan on the TS-269 Pro.

Thanks for reporting this. We are still working on complete support for the xx9-Pro series. Unfortunately they are not available on the market anymore, making it more difficult to debug issues. But for sure, as soon as we have a working version, we will post a note here as well.

Split from original topic, as this is about a different model.

Hi,

I have installed the agent on my Qnap 269L without any problems. I also downloaded the app on my iPhone but the programm has detected only one device, my Qnap! I can asure you I have got a lot wireless and smart devices in my home. Is there a way I can do a new scan without deleting the agent, installing again etc? Or what I do wrong?

Kenneth

Posts merged.

@Kenmar We seem to have an issue with the installation on the TS-x269 series. Can you please go to the IP address of your NAS but change the port to 3000 rather than 8080 for the QNAP login screen. This should take you to the Domotz Agent and you can continue the setup here. If it has failed for some reason, can you please post a screenshot in this thread?

Hi Lars,

Everything works perfect on my TS269 (poort 3000) The only problem is that Domotz only detects my NAS and not my other wireless devices.

@Kenmar apparently it's a known issue that the software team is working on solving. I'm afraid I don't have an ETA as yet.

Hi Lars,

Is this a general problem or only a Qnap/TS-269 issue? Otherwise I wil try it with a raspberry pi!

As far as I'm aware, yes, the RPi shouldn't have this problem.

Gents,

I have TS-869L acting exactly the same way, no network devices showing up, only the QNAP NAS.

Thanks,
Dino

Hi All,
I had the same issue on my TS659 PRO II which seemed to be a NMAP issue.

Did some testing and found out that the domotz_nmap object version 6.47 did not find any hosts except itself.
I installed nmap from entware and created a symlink and now network clients are found.
hopefully this gives you something to work with.

> opkg install nmap
Installing nmap (7.01-1) to root...
Downloading http://entware.zyxmon.org/binaries/x86-64/nmap_7.01-1_x86-64.ipk.
Installing libpcap (1.7.4-1) to root...
Downloading http://entware.zyxmon.org/binaries/x86-64/libpcap_1.7.4-1_x86-64.ipk.
Configuring libpcap.
Configuring nmap.

> ln -s /opt/bin/nmap domotz_nmap

regards John.

Hi all,

we have deployed an experimental package for the qnap TS-x69 series that fix the issues @TokyoIoT have signaled.

I attached the qpkg, if somebody want to try it. 

I've just tested it on a TS-269L and it works properly, we are going to make it available on Domotz Portal in few days.

Edited by Lars
Removed test release that was replaced by release version 1.0.5

3 hours ago, Tommaso said:

Hi all,

we have deployed an experimental package for the qnap TS-x69 series that fix the issues @TokyoIoT have signaled.

I've just tested it on a TS-269L and it works properly, we are going to make it available on Domotz Portal in few days.

domotz.qpkg

Thanks Tommaso, works great on my TS-869L!

Dino

Hi,

Installed the new package and now nothing works anymore. My Qnap gives an error. It can not find the server! In the old situation I was able to run the agent but it only detects the NAS.

Hi Kenmar, 

can you be clearer explaining the problem. On which page you face the issue? Can you upload a screenshot.

Tommaso

Well it is easy to explain. So I have installed the new qpkg and when you push on the Domotz icon I get a message that the system cannot make a connection with the server (192.xxx.xxx:3000) To be honest , the problems also started when I installed a new (beta firmware 4.2.1. build 20160201) I now have downgraded to an older version firmware and sometimes a got a connection and sometimes not. When I got a connection then you do not see any network information (see attachments) It is also not possible to reset the server etc.

Schermafdruk 2016-02-05 19.44.50.png

Schermafdruk 2016-02-05 19.45.03.png

Schermafdruk 2016-02-05 19.45.38.png

Hi the agent, now works again. Later today I will try again installing the new qpkg!

On 04/02/2016 at 2:31 AM, Tommaso said:

domotz.qpkg

Thank you. Confirming this works too on the TS-469L.

Thanks to all of you that helped with the testing. Version 105, fixing the problem, is now available on our web user portal.