IJoe

Agents & Portal down for 2+hours

5 posts in this topic

I think you fed your Mogwy after midnight or got him wet. Doubt its just me but my agents don't show in the license screen and the web portal wont let me log in. Tried from several terminals and different devices. Thought I saw a notice about a new server for the portal and curious if something went awry in the transfer...?? Unfortunately the CEO leaves for vacation today and I was super happy to hand him his new phone to keep an eye on things but now just hoping the service comes back up in time to keep him from pounding me. If I am an isolated case please let me know so I may go gremlin hunting myself.

Unfortunately it was not an isolated case, but actually the overall complete downtime lasted for around 30 minutes.

As you probably guessed, we had a degradation of services on one of the servers in the US. The main reason is due to a big number of new users and agents registering in the last few days, following the announcement on the migration offer for users coming from Fingbox. We had to move some services on new and more powerful servers. This was supposed to be transparent to the users, but due to a temporary unavailability of connectivity to the new servers, this took more then the estimated time.

We had a downtime of around 30 minutes for some services, but it did not affect any data consistency on our databases.

Now the services are all back and live. But please, do not hesitate to contact us, even on support@domotz.com to highlight any issue/slowdown recorded.

Please, also apologize for not informing users while the service was not available, but we were all focused in resolving the issue more than put an information note. However, we really care to inform users and I will make sure to build a service status page, so that you will be always informed about current malfunctions (though, so far this was just the first major issue we recorded, and I hope it will never happen again).

Thanks for your patience.    

I hate to be bearer of bad news but I am still down as of right now, I think the issue is hiding out over here in the states. Side note Congrats on all the new signups.

To assist in T/s - issues as presented currently

Log into Domotz.com - OK, but license status shows no lic or agents or most the text.

Naviigate to Domotz web app and upon opening theres a sign in error and a funny oops message

Attempts to directly login to web app fail as well

Despite the downtime happened today, which was restored in a matter of half an hour, you are still out of the licence page and the WebApp due to an issue triggered by the Reset of your agent. We are going to fix this particular situation.  

My apologies for overstating the reach of the issue, you are correct I reset an agent. So it appears my issue was not related to the larger network upgrades you were working on. Feel free to update the header of this discussion to reflect as much as its not my desire to reflect poorly against your work. I appreciate the quick and personal attention to resolving the issue and look forward to seeing this product grow.

The Snmp reporting functionality was a pleasant surprise to say the least to stumble upon, so far really like what I see.