• Announcements

• GeorgiTsatsev

Some Agents Stopped Working   10/30/17

Dear Domotz Users,    

Symptom
      Please be aware that we are currently experiencing a problem on some Domotz Agents that marks them offline and makes them unreachable. This is primarily affecting the users outside of the US/North American countries.  Domotz is actively working on the resolution of this issue to minimize the impact to you and your customers.

Agents Affected
      QNAP
      Synology
      Raspberry Pi
      Virtual Machine - Debian
      Domotz Boxes   Agents that were affected were running older versions of the Domotz Package (older than 2.1.4).   Agents that had the latest package should not be affected by this issue (2.1.4 or higher).   Root Cause
      Domotz is constantly updating the agent software to improve features and ensure device and network security.   In this instance, Domotz was doing a routine agent upgrade and Agents that had older versions of the package running on the hardware ended up in an offline state.  

Resolution
      Domotz is actively working to bring back Domotz Boxes.  We have been able to recover a majority of the Domotz Boxes that had this issue through the Provisioning channel (a parallell channel to the software, mainly used for maintenance and provisioning).   For QNAP, Synology, Raspberry Pi and VM installations, it may be necessary for you to reinstall the latest Domotz software.  
      You can find instructions for updating to the latest version for the Raspberry Pi and VM version might be found on the Domotz Portal (https://portal.domotz.com --> Domotz Software --> Install Instruction for Raspberry Pi and Debian).   The new package (2.1.4) has been published on the QNAP store (available for x86-64 models and ARM x41 models (x31+, x31P, x31P2, x31X, X35) with QTS 4.3.0 and above), and on the Synology store.   We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused by this outage. We appreciate the fact that this affects your operations and will do our best to minimize the impact.    Regards,
      The Domotz Support Team
TwistedWorld

Only Ancient Synology devices supported (and not even correctly)?

5 posts in this topic

I am interested in using Domotz using a Synology NAS. Over the years I have collected a few different models, namely the DS211+, DS212+, DS213+, DS415play and DS216+II.

Following your installation instructions, I can only find Domotz in the Package Center within the DS211+ and DS212+. I installed it on both the DS211+ and DS212+ but neither box shows the package in my main menu / application list even though the Package Center on both boxes show Domotz to be installed. What's up with that?

@TwistedWorld, Synology might have not published all the models, but I'm quite sure we have packages for most of them.

For example you can find one package for the DS415play as the following one:

https://portal.domotz.com/download/agent_packages/domotz-syno-evansport-1.1.4-283.spk

In any case, from the Synology App Packages stores, I can also see this version (see attached screenshot).

Let us know if you can't see this package from the DS415play.

On the contrary, we also have the package for the DS216+II:

https://portal.domotz.com/download/agent_packages/domotz-syno-braswell-1.1.4-283.spk

but in this case, I confirm the Synology model is not shown on the Synology App Packages store. We will check with Synology about the status of this package. 

Note that if you want to install the above package, you have to setup the Synology to allow the installation of packages downloaded out of the official store.

If you still have issues or need further clarification, please contact our Support team.

Screen Shot 2016-07-31 at 9.13.24 AM.png

Hi, thanks a lot for the reply. I'll be looking into the links you gave me, but I already got things up and running on the old Synology for now. I also made a few oopsies when checking out Domotz.

1. It does indeed show up in the Package Center on the DS415play. I somehow overlooked that.
  2. I found out that I need to connect to the app on port 3000 and there just isn't any icon on my Synology DSM for it.

Thanks again for taking the time to respond to my question! ^_^

I have a DS213+ and cannot find the Domotz app in the Package Center. Is there a way to sideload the app?

I have an ancient Synology DS211j running DSM 6.1.2-15132 Update 1. I was running an older version of the Domotz agent (version 1.?) and it was working fine. Upgraded the agent to version 2.1 and now it won't start. When I try to start it I get the "Loading..." spinning square and then after 5-10 minutes a pop-up that says:

"Failed to run the package service. Error: Cannot start the package. Please contact support@domotz.com."

Any ideas? Can you get me a link for the older version? It's entirely possible that my DS211j isn't powerfull enough to run the latest agent. .