balzercomp

DS716+

8 posts in this topic

On my Synology DS716+ domotz doesn't show up in the package list. Is there any way to install it anyway?

Thanks

Gerald

It looks like there have been some delays with the package on the Synology Package Center for those models of Synology NAS that require the Braswell architecture (as your model).

Here is a direct link to the package if you would like to install and let us know if it works correctly on your system, as it does on most of the system we have provided it to:

https://portal.domotz.com/download/agent_packages/domotz-syno-braswell.spk

Hi Giancarlo,

I tried to install your package, but since it's not signed, I will not continue. This I will wait, making my test periode useless.

Best regards

Gerald Balzer

BALZER COMPUTING • Breitensteinstr. 88 • CH-8037 Zürich • Switzerland • Tel.: +41-44-4404605 • Fax: +41-44-4404609

On 11/14/2016 at 1:07 AM, balzercomp said:

Hi Giancarlo,

I tried to install your package, but since it's not signed, I will not continue. This I will wait, making my test periode useless.

Best regards

Gerald Balzer

BALZER COMPUTING • Breitensteinstr. 88 • CH-8037 Zürich • Switzerland • Tel.: +41-44-4404605 • Fax: +41-44-4404609

Ok, don't worry Gerald. We'll contact you back as soon as the package is available on the Market, extending your trial period for an additional month at that time.

Hi Giancarlo-

I too setup a DS716+II and was able to install the package from the link you provided. So far the agent seems to be running fine on the box. How frequently do you update the agent for the Synology devices and will an update appear for packages installed manually from third parties? If possible, I'd like to be notified if/when there is an official release of the agent that will show up in the package list. 

Thanks,

Mike

Hi Mike,

the logic within the Domotz Agent is automatically upgraded when required for compatibility. As a matter of fact, by looking at the Portal you should have now your agents upgraded to 1.3.6. We release this kind of upgrades quite frequently to support new functionalities.

On the other hand, the Package (which contains the low level implementations of the software)  is not automatically upgraded on NAS solutions. You should manually upgrade the package in case. But we release this kind of changes very rarely. For example, we are probably going to submit a new package to Synology in 2-3 weeks. Then it will take some weeks to Synology team to test and make that available on the Market. This new package do not contain new features or improvements on the current implementation, but it just remove some useless parts and make the package smaller. Fortunately this kind of package upgrades are very rare.

I hope this help answering your question.

Best regards,

Giancarlo

Thank you for the reply, Giancarlo!