• Announcements

• GeorgiTsatsev

Some Agents Stopped Working   10/30/17

Dear Domotz Users,    

Symptom
      Please be aware that we are currently experiencing a problem on some Domotz Agents that marks them offline and makes them unreachable. This is primarily affecting the users outside of the US/North American countries.  Domotz is actively working on the resolution of this issue to minimize the impact to you and your customers.

Agents Affected
      QNAP
      Synology
      Raspberry Pi
      Virtual Machine - Debian
      Domotz Boxes   Agents that were affected were running older versions of the Domotz Package (older than 2.1.4).   Agents that had the latest package should not be affected by this issue (2.1.4 or higher).   Root Cause
      Domotz is constantly updating the agent software to improve features and ensure device and network security.   In this instance, Domotz was doing a routine agent upgrade and Agents that had older versions of the package running on the hardware ended up in an offline state.  

Resolution
      Domotz is actively working to bring back Domotz Boxes.  We have been able to recover a majority of the Domotz Boxes that had this issue through the Provisioning channel (a parallell channel to the software, mainly used for maintenance and provisioning).   For QNAP, Synology, Raspberry Pi and VM installations, it may be necessary for you to reinstall the latest Domotz software.  
      You can find instructions for updating to the latest version for the Raspberry Pi and VM version might be found on the Domotz Portal (https://portal.domotz.com --> Domotz Software --> Install Instruction for Raspberry Pi and Debian).   The new package (2.1.4) has been published on the QNAP store (available for x86-64 models and ARM x41 models (x31+, x31P, x31P2, x31X, X35) with QTS 4.3.0 and above), and on the Synology store.   We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused by this outage. We appreciate the fact that this affects your operations and will do our best to minimize the impact.    Regards,
      The Domotz Support Team
johnpoz

Listing one of its own interfaces in device list?

9 posts in this topic

So I have domotz installed on a ubuntu 14.4.5 VM running on a esxi 6.0 host.  Seems all be working fine other than it listing itself as a device with its own IP address.

So I have a trunk ported connected to the VM from managed switch, I allow all the vlans down the trunk, and setup vlans on the ubuntu vm.  There is a native vlan that is untagged that is domotz main interface 192.168.2.20, the rest of the vlans I gave it .20 address.  See attached image.  It doesn't list any of its other interfaces in the device list?

So as you can see it has multiple interfaces.  Odd that it is only showing this 1 interface and not all of them?

How do I remove it?  If anything I would think it should list itself but would use its main IP.

Any other info, testing, etc.. just let me know

listingitself.png

Ok this seems to have corrected itself.  Now it shows the correct IP 2.20 and the little D icon that the agent is running on this device..  Maybe it was the latest update that correct this?

Glad to see it worked itself out..

I confirm this was fixed with upgrades released on 22nd of December. Glad to see happy users.

Well, it seems to still have issues.  So I added a new interface eth1, which is connected to a different network 192.168.3/24..  Where domotz agent has 192.168.3.20 address in this segment.  It lists itself as a new device..

listingitself.png

That's because the MAC address for that secondary interface is different from the primary one. Unfortunately there is not yet the possibility to merge to different devices (each different MAC address is a different device at the moment)

Shouldn't the agent be smart enough to know its is OWN mac address.. I would for sure hope this is a future feature.. Or how to I tell the agent to not list this entry at all?  That would also solve the problem of it listing something as a device on the network that is itself..

Able to merge mac into one devices would solve the issue of multiple listings for the router which has leg in each network would also be something I would assume you could do.  While I can live with the multiple entries for the gateway off each segment, and sure would like to know if one of those goes down.  It would be nice to be listed as 1 device..

Do I need or should I put n an official feature request, or is this sort of thing already in the works?

Edited by johnpoz

Thanks Johnpoz for your feedback and suggestion. This is really helpful to drive the future developments.

This kind of activity is already in our backlog for development (auto merging for the Agent itself for example). However, please note that the backlog of future features/improvements is quite long. We will do whatever is suggested, but it just require some time to put everything in a row.

Yeah for sure not a critical sort of thing.. Glad to hear its on the roadmap -- will keep an eye out for it.. Thanks!