j0nz

New devices automatically being assigned as IMPORTANT automatically

6 posts in this topic

I have a number of Domotz devices in networks that most devices are short term devices and so have a number of new devices arriving and leaving. I have noticed that a couple of times a week there is a new device that is automatically classified as an important device. They also seem to get a "Type" automatically assigned. This means that when the device leaves the network, in the summary view I have an alert that shows an important device is down. Once I go and check I reclassify them as indifferent and all is sorted.

My question is why do some devices get automatically classified as important on joining the network???

J0nz

domotz.png

Hi J0nz,

the flag "Importance" is used to filter the agents' overview page in "Healthy" and "Issued".
To avoid people manually set the importance of each device we have a default settings for each recognized type.

For instance, a mobile device is flagged as "Indifferent", while an Audio Video as "Important".

I hope you understand the reason of this behaviour.

So why are these devices being automatically flagged as audio video devices? As far as I can see they are both PC's

I'm having the same issue. It's kind of annoying. Always new PCs, AppleTVs, etc.. Those aren't my problem and I don't care if drop off the network :)

Many users love the fact that we have some automated logic to propose default type and classification. But I also understand your points. We are thinking of making this configurable for account. E.g. to have a global settings saying "never set new devices as important".  Not a precise plan yet.

would be great thanks..... Rather than per account would it be possible to have it per device.... there seems to be a few settings that could begin to go into this settings page, from my reading of the forums

• Auto categorize new devices
  • Frequency of speed test 
  • Frequency of device tests

etc....