• Announcements

• Giancarlo

Windows Domotz Agent Manager - Available to be downloaded   08/02/18

We are glad to announce that we have completed the development of the first Beta version of our Domotz Agent Manager for Windows.   It has been completely tested on Windows 10, but it should work also on Windows 8 and Windows 7.   You can download the Agent directly from the following link:   DomotzAgentManager   Note that the application will install an Oracle VM VirtualBox (if not installed yet) and it will download the proper image which contains the Domotz Software. Virtualization option is required to be enabled on the hardware.    For any feedback, issue or concern, please do not hesitate to contact support@domotz.com
gmedia01

help needed VLAN Monitoring Setup With Araknis Router

6 posts in this topic

I'm trying to figure out how to setup VLAN monitoring in general with Domotz, but I'll use our shop Araknis Router to do it.

So here are the options on the Domotz: (Attached Image - VLAN-01)

The ID is easy enough. I use the ID I setup in the Araknis.

The IP Address seems easy enough, but do I select the new VLAN address that I set on the Araknis of 192.168.30.1?

Or am I supposed to set this address within the DHCP range I set, say 192.168.30.2?

The reason I'm sketchy here, is that the first checkmark says to make sure the IP is not associated with any other device.

I'm not quite sure on the proper settings for the Araknis either (Attached Image VLAN-02). I want to give Domotz access to all devices connected to the VLAN 30 on PORT 4 of the Araknis, but I only want devices connected to PORT 4 to have Internet Access and not be able to see any other devices on VLAN1

FYI, there is only an UN-managed switch connected to VLAN 30/ PORT 4 with a PC connected to that.

Any help to understand ll of this would be awesome!

Chris

VLAN-01.jpg

VLAN-01.jpg

VLAN-02.jpg

VLAN-02.jpg

VLAN-03.jpg

VLAN-03.jpg

Edited by gmedia01

Don't leave me hangin on this one guys :)

Chris

Try this:

Set the IP address to something outside your DHCP range (in the 30.x subnet) or do a reservation in the router.

Connect Domotz to LAN3 and change it to tagged for VLAN30 and leave untagged selected for VLAN1. 

Set LAN4 for untagged on VLAN30 and excluded for VLAN1. This will put all traffic from the unmanaged switch, connected to LAN4, on VLAN30.

When you select the Domotz box in the mobile or web app, it should show the IP address on VLAN1 and 30.

Snip20170313_1.png

8 hours ago, hdsystems said:

Try this:

Set the IP address to something outside your DHCP range (in the 30.x subnet) or do a reservation in the router.

Connect Domotz to LAN3 and change it to tagged for VLAN30 and leave untagged selected for VLAN1. 

Set LAN4 for untagged on VLAN30 and excluded for VLAN1. This will put all traffic from the unmanaged switch, connected to LAN4, on VLAN30.

When you select the Domotz box in the mobile or web app, it should show the IP address on VLAN1 and 30.

Snip20170313_1.png

Thanks a lot!

It worked well! Now can any traffic from VLAN1 and VLAN30 interact at all, or are they "secured" from each other?

Chris

Glad it worked!

If you have Inter-VLAN routing turned off on VLAN30, it should only be able to access the internet - I'd test it though.

Edited by hdsystems

Ok. Thanks again!

Chris