• Announcements

• GeorgiTsatsev

Some Agents Stopped Working   10/30/17

Dear Domotz Users,    

Symptom
      Please be aware that we are currently experiencing a problem on some Domotz Agents that marks them offline and makes them unreachable. This is primarily affecting the users outside of the US/North American countries.  Domotz is actively working on the resolution of this issue to minimize the impact to you and your customers.

Agents Affected
      QNAP
      Synology
      Raspberry Pi
      Virtual Machine - Debian
      Domotz Boxes   Agents that were affected were running older versions of the Domotz Package (older than 2.1.4).   Agents that had the latest package should not be affected by this issue (2.1.4 or higher).   Root Cause
      Domotz is constantly updating the agent software to improve features and ensure device and network security.   In this instance, Domotz was doing a routine agent upgrade and Agents that had older versions of the package running on the hardware ended up in an offline state.  

Resolution
      Domotz is actively working to bring back Domotz Boxes.  We have been able to recover a majority of the Domotz Boxes that had this issue through the Provisioning channel (a parallell channel to the software, mainly used for maintenance and provisioning).   For QNAP, Synology, Raspberry Pi and VM installations, it may be necessary for you to reinstall the latest Domotz software.  
      You can find instructions for updating to the latest version for the Raspberry Pi and VM version might be found on the Domotz Portal (https://portal.domotz.com --> Domotz Software --> Install Instruction for Raspberry Pi and Debian).   The new package (2.1.4) has been published on the QNAP store (available for x86-64 models and ARM x41 models (x31+, x31P, x31P2, x31X, X35) with QTS 4.3.0 and above), and on the Synology store.   We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused by this outage. We appreciate the fact that this affects your operations and will do our best to minimize the impact.    Regards,
      The Domotz Support Team
samb375

QNAP TS-453B: Domotz agent not working!

8 posts in this topic

Hi All, I'm a newbie to the Domotz forum.

I have just purchased a brand new QNAP TS-453B nas last week, and I installed Domotz agent (QNAP refers this to "App") over the weekend and it freezes my NAS. That is, I am unable to log into my TS-453B web pages, SSH/Telnet, etc. logins. I can ping and see the TS-453B ports, etc., but no login. I'm also able to run Domotz  agent/app on my other QNAP nas TS-451 and TS-251 but not TS-453B. It appears Domotz agent is not compatible with my TS-453B. 

I've raised the issue with QNAP serive desk, but no response as of yet. Can anyone please provide any advise- besides not running Domotz agent on my TS-453B? 

Cheers! 

P.S. I'm not an expert SSH'er :o) 

5 hours ago, GeekyTim said:

Same here!

Hi GeekyTim

Sorry for your bad experience, could i ask you more information about your issue?

The issue is limited to Domotz app or impact the Qnap?

If is limited to Domotz you can try with this new package that we'll upload to the market  soon 

https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/domotz-temporary/domotz-qnap-x64-4.3.0-2.1.3-preprod.qpkg

If you need help in order to install it manually you should follow these steps

• - Download domotz qpkg packet ffrom the link above
  • - open "app center" on your qnap
  • - Click on "install manually" , select the downloaded package and install it

Hope to hear you back soon

Mauro 

no joy with the prepropduction version either (TS-653B, QTS 4.3.3.0299 Build 20170901) either. Agent connects and disconnects in intervals of 5 to 15 minutes. Plus now Domotz isn't even available in the Qnap App-Center anymore. What's going on there?

We are on this. 

Sorry about this: The recent version of QTS caused some incompatibilities. We are working with the QNAP guys to remove the issues and we should be able to release a version to them by Friday.

They may take some time to review and sign off, but we can also circulate a new package link from here Friday or Monday.

Great news! Hiccups like this can happen, thanks for replying here!

I can confirm that 2.1.4 to which the link was posted by Mauro is working fine on my TS-653B on QTS 4.3.3 and 4.34 beta. The same is true for the ARM version on my TS-431P (also tested on QTS 4.3.3 and 4.3.4 beta)