AR15USR

Information kept/recorded by Domotz?

7 posts in this topic

Im a new Domotz Home user and after installation I have a question.

What information about my network/devices/data is recorded and uploaded to Domotz? 

I have installed the Domotz agent on my Synology server. I run the agent and see that I am accessing the Agent locally on the Synology server. When I launch the Domotz Web app I get sent to the Domotz Portal. 

Is this portal local the Synology Server? Or is all of this information about my network sent to Domotz and I am accessing the info on their servers? 

The information about the devices and their status (online/offline) are collected by the Domotz Agent (on your Synology) and sent to the Domotz Cloud. 

10 hours ago, Giancarlo said:

The information about the devices and their status (online/offline) are collected by the Domotz Agent (on your Synology) and sent to the Domotz Cloud. 

Specifically what information? And is anything done with this information other than reporting it on our Portal? What access do Domotz employees have to this data?

Do you have a list of all information/data collected, maybe a knowledge base article or something?

Not trying to be a jerk about this, I am truly interested in knowing the answers to this. If these answers already exist in a document somewhere please point me to it. Here is it again in other words:

What exact types of data/information does Domotz extract from our devices/network?

Where is this data sent?

How is this data stored?

Is it encrypted?

Who has access to this data?

How is this data used?

Is this data ever transmitted to a third party?

What security systems/precautions do you have inlace to protect our data?

Edited by AR15USR

https://www.domotz.com/domotz-product-privacy-policy/

this covers most of your ?

be aware that there is a massive financial incentive for Domotz to sell your data to 3rd parties which can be done under the existing TOS

the question to you is that a risk to you or your clients

" We may also combine or aggregate in anonymized or non-personally identifiable format any of the information collected through the use of the Services or elsewhere for any of these purposes and for research, statistical and business purposes. "

Edited by eti

2 hours ago, eti said:

https://www.domotz.com/domotz-product-privacy-policy/

this covers most of your ?

be aware that there is a massive financial incentive for Domotz to sell your data to 3rd parties which can be done under the existing TOS

the question to you is that a risk to you or your clients

" We may also combine or aggregate in anonymized or non-personally identifiable format any of the information collected through the use of the Services or elsewhere for any of these purposes and for research, statistical and business purposes. "

Yes answers most questions. I also got a email response from their support. Thanks..