GeTEra

Network Scan causes Pop-on my TV every 3 minutes

3 posts in this topic

I have an LG HDTV. After starting the Domotz agent on my Synology, I get a pop-up for a pairing key on my HDTV every 3 minutes. The pop-up is related to the uPnP server on the TV. I'm positive the Domotz agent is causing it; the pop-up halts when I disable the agent.

I tried changing the scan frequency to once every 24 hours, but the agent still causes a pop-up every 3 minutes. I didn't see any way to remove the Web Portal on port 8080 from the device on the Connect tab.

Any suggest on how to stop the agent from causing this useless pop-up message? It's extremely annoying to have it pop-up every 3 minutes.

Screen Shot 2017-07-15 at 10.06.02 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-07-15 at 10.05.49 PM.png

pop-up-crop.jpg

Hi GeTRA,

please contact our support (support(at)domotz.com). They will be glad to drive you in disabling the scanning toward a specific device (in this case the LG HDTV).

Best regards,

Giancarlo 

In case anyone else experiences this issue, here's the current solution:

Thanks for reaching us. It's a known issue with LG smart TVs, for now what can be done is to put the TV on the black list, thus preventing the TV from being scanned causing the issue. The only drawback with doing this is that you would no longer be able to monitor that device.

To do this you will need to do the following:

1. Create a file called devices_to_exclude.conf which contains a single MAC address per line with the standard MAC format:
    • AA:AA:AA:AA:AA:AA (colon separated, case insensitive)
  2. This file must be added to the following folder:
    • /opt/domotz/etc/
  3. Restart the Agent