jarret12

Updated Tiered Credit Pricing

13 posts in this topic

I was just about to purchase my Domotz Pro Dealer credits when I saw this article linked to the Domotz homepage: https://www.domotz.com/lifetime-licensing-now-available-for-domotz-pro/. Now I have no idea what I want to do. We have a few customers that I need to start monitoring but not nearly enough to miss out on some substantial price change for Pro Dealers.

What's everyone's thoughts on this? New pricing apparently available in October. 

well you can't buy hardware from them anymore, you need to buy from 3rd parties so that makes things a bit more of a pain, higher cost and dealing with another party.

(just tried to do it today with no luck, so deploying more ihiji for now)

the pricing will be either onetime fee for lifetime license option or you can get discount for buying a chunk of credits.

note "apps" or features like violet or other add ons will still require credits

pricing is still reasonable for monitoring, but the 3rd party hardware and where ever that finally leads is a turn off for me

28 minutes ago, eti said:

well you can't buy hardware from them anymore, you need to buy from 3rd parties so that makes things a bit more of a pain, higher cost and dealing with another party.

(just tried to do it today with no luck, so deploying more ihiji for now)

What?! We won't be able to buy the Domotz Boxes direct from Domotz at the Pro Dealer rate anymore? How could I have missed this huge change? I see this now on their website. Did they update this over the last week? 

As far as the tiered pricing, any idea if it will be similar to the current Dealer Pro 100 credit rate with additional tiered volumes at slightly more discounted rates?

What makes you think the boxes will be more expensive? After my first order, I've purchased everything through a distributor, at prices less than direct.

On 9/15/2017 at 0:39 AM, hdsystems said:

What makes you think the boxes will be more expensive? After my first order, I've purchased everything through a distributor, at prices less than direct.

Given the fact that the Domotz Pro direct price was $99 per box and my distributor price is more than that.

On 9/16/2017 at 0:04 PM, jarret12 said:

Given the fact that the Domotz Pro direct price was $99 per box and my distributor price is more than that.

The last I saw, the box was $105 + shipping (US) in the Domotz store. My distributor is less than that and I can get free shipping. If your distributor is charging more than $99-$105, you need to look for a new one!

9 hours ago, hdsystems said:

The last I saw, the box was $105 + shipping (US) in the Domotz store. My distributor is less than that and I can get free shipping. If your distributor is charging more than $99-$105, you need to look for a new one!

for the Pro box?

who is your distributor?

Old post but just noticed the lifetime licensing has been removed from the subscriptions options. Anyone know when and why this happened? They were only available for a few months.

Also, what's going on with the credit pricing. Every time I look at it it goes up. I got 100 credits for $2.99/ea not even 4 months ago. Now they are about $4.25/ea around that volume. Is this going to stabilize?

I confirm that the pricing for the credits have changed just one time in the last 2 years (since we are basically on the market). It has changed at the beginning of this year: we have introduced a tiering based pricing model, and the starting point for the value of credits is still $3.

As you can understand, we can guarantee the same cost for a much smaller quantity of credits that users want to purchase (e.g. you can now purchase a single credit, or a package of 12 credits).

With regard to the lifetime license, this is still available to be applied to the Agent. Actually the cost in credits for the lifetime license have been reduced with the pricing change: it was 66 credits, and it is now 60 credits. To apply the lifetime license, just click on Extend (from Portall --> Subscriptions) and select the Lifetime.

If you need further clarifications, do not hesitate to contact us at support(at)domotz.com

2 hours ago, Giancarlo said:

I confirm that the pricing for the credits have changed just one time in the last 2 years (since we are basically on the market). It has changed at the beginning of this year: we have introduced a tiering based pricing model, and the starting point for the value of credits is still $3.

As you can understand, we can guarantee the same cost for a much smaller quantity of credits that users want to purchase (e.g. you can now purchase a single credit, or a package of 12 credits).

With regard to the lifetime license, this is still available to be applied to the Agent. Actually the cost in credits for the lifetime license have been reduced with the pricing change: it was 66 credits, and it is now 60 credits. To apply the lifetime license, just click on Extend (from Portall --> Subscriptions) and select the Lifetime.

If you need further clarifications, do not hesitate to contact us at support(at)domotz.com

I started using Domotz right around the price change, which has definitely lead to some confusion on my part.

I can see where starting value of credits is $3 if you buy 1000 credits at $3000. That's quite a difference from being able to get 100 at $2.99/ea, unless I'm missing something.

As for the lifetime license, I'm an idiot. I was trying to find the lifetime option by clicking Buy More, not through extending an agent. However, my portal is showing 90 credits required for a lifetime license, not 60 or even 66.

Question about the lifetime licenses: If our Domotz box needs to be replaced, does the license transfer?

19 hours ago, jarret12 said:

As for the lifetime license, I'm an idiot. I was trying to find the lifetime option by clicking Buy More, not through extending an agent. However, my portal is showing 90 credits required for a lifetime license, not 60 or even 66.

Question about the lifetime licenses: If our Domotz box needs to be replaced, does the license transfer?

Well, the price of 90 credits is because you probably have Violet - Customer Facing App Element activated for that Agent. That is the additional cost of 0.5 credit/month required for that feature.

With regard to your last question: definitely, if you need to replace the Domotz Box (RMA or something else) we will take care of the license transfer for you.

6 hours ago, Giancarlo said:

Well, the price of 90 credits is because you probably have Violet - Customer Facing App Element activated for that Agent. That is the additional cost of 0.5 credit/month required for that feature.

That was exactly what was going on. Sorry about the confusion.

Good to know about the license transfer possibility.