• Announcements

• Giancarlo

Windows Domotz Agent Manager - Available to be downloaded   08/02/18

We are glad to announce that we have completed the development of the first Beta version of our Domotz Agent Manager for Windows.   It has been completely tested on Windows 10, but it should work also on Windows 8 and Windows 7.   You can download the Agent directly from the following link:   DomotzAgentManager   Note that the application will install an Oracle VM VirtualBox (if not installed yet) and it will download the proper image which contains the Domotz Software. Virtualization option is required to be enabled on the hardware.    For any feedback, issue or concern, please do not hesitate to contact support@domotz.com
silasfueglistaler

Port Map / Topology

6 posts in this topic

Hello,

We use Domotz as our main network-monitroing tool for broadcast events.

It is a massive tool to improve our workflow during the setup of each new event. 

But we think, there is a goal-feature missing;

It would be a massive help, when the switch-interface would be showed in a map.

To see the network topology could help us in many diffrent points.
-> faster and detailed view of the entire network

-> overview of the trunk ports (they are always at a load of 80%

-> easier watch of which part of the setup is ready for show

What do other think about this?

greetings out of switerland!

silas 

Great suggestion!  Those features would be super helpful with switches that either do not have a GUI management interface or do not have the Web GUI enabled.

I like the way you think!

I would like to add my thumbs up to this request. 

It would be execellent if a network map / topology feature is added. As well as port allocation on a switch.

We are working at it! Hoping to release something nice within few months...

Hi, any update on the availability of this feature? The ability to map out what is attached to each port would be huge for me. 

Thanks

Hi JoshFink,

Domotz  already has the ability to show which device is attached to each port of a switch. We do not have a "graphical" map yet, but definitely the feature is cool because if you go in the "Interfaces" tab of a switch, you can see which devices are attached to each port. On the other side, if you go into any device, you will see the link to the switch+port it is attached.

This is supported for any managed switch that support  SNMP in a standard way. If you have issues with your specific switch, I'd recommend to contact our support.