Domenico

Supported power plugs

22 posts in this topic

EDIT BEGIN:

Please refer to the following Topic for the complete list of Domotz supported PDUs and Smart Plugs

EDIT END

----------------------------------------

One of the really cool features of Domotz is its support for a variety of network controlled power switches. We are currently supporting 5 of the the most common brands which function over IP. We will soon add more and include Zwave controlled switches as well. Please let us know if there is any specific brand you would like to see included or if you have any question about this feature. After associating a device to a power switch, you will notice a little plug in the bottom right corner of its icon and the power toggling will be enabled directly from the device view .

If you are still debating whether to buy a power switch for your home, we highly recommend you take the plunge. Powering on and off solves 90% of IT problems! In our experience wired switches (as opposed to wireless) have much higher reliability and provide a much better user experience. 

Enhoy switching! 

I'm looking forward to Z-Wave support. I have a lot of Z-wave devices in my home currently being controlled by Homeseer.

Can you add support for "more advanced" network controlled power switches as the APC Rack PDU?

Do you know if they have an API or something similar available that we can use to hook into their hardware?

The tricky part in most cases is to actually know how to access and control something like that, rather than the actual implementation on our side.

Thanks for that. It looks like it is doable. We'll add it to the list

One of the really cool features of Domotz is its support for a variety of network controlled power switches. We are currently supporting 5 of the the most common brands which function over IP. We will soon add more and include Zwave controlled switches as well. Please let us know if there is any specific brand you would like to see included or if you have any question about this feature. After associating a device to a power switch, you will notice a little plug in the bottom right corner of its icon and the power toggling will be enabled directly from the device view .

If you are still debating whether to buy a power switch for your home, we highly recommend you take the plunge. Powering on and off solves 90% of IT problems! In our experience wired switches (as opposed to wireless) have much higher reliability and provide a much better user experience. 

Enhoy switching! 

What are the 5 supported brands?

Do we support the PC 8000 Ethernet power controller ?

10 hours ago, giojohn said:

Do we support the PC 8000 Ethernet power controller ?

Yes, it should be working, but we haven't tested that specific model.

Does Domotz support the Digital Loggers Ethernet Power Controller 5? http://www.digital-loggers.com/epcr.html

10 hours ago, cxgl said:

Does Domotz support the Digital Loggers Ethernet Power Controller 5? http://www.digital-loggers.com/epcr.html

Digital Logger Eth Power Controller should be already supported, though it's not directly one of the PDU directly tested on our testbed

Hi, I cannot manage the APC Rack PDU from Domotz.

Do I need to do anything?

FYI the Belkin WeMo Switch are working fine.

@L3rd can you tell us which version of the agent you have? If the credentials for the APC are the default ones or custom? We had a problem with custom credentials for one of the releases so this might be the culprit.

Also is it completely not recognized as a specific PDU device (does it have a config tab under device details) or is the config page empty?

Hi, I'm still facing the same issue.

The agent version is 1.1.17.

The credentials for the the APC RackPDU are the default ones.

In Domotz there is no config tab under the device.

What I should do?

Hi, can we continue this on a support thread since it will require some in-depth investigation? (write an email to support@domotz.com referencing this post)

Hi Scott I just took a look at the guide and it seems really straight forward. We are currently overwhelmed with requests but I think I can squeeze implementing a driver for it at some point. For the time being I have added it in our backlog. I will get back to you if there are any updates.

Hi

We use alot of Aviosys, it would be good to offer your solution to our existing customers, is this something you could add? we use both the aviosys 9258s and the 9258DS PDU's

Hi

Aviosys was requested by another customer if I can remember correctly so we would like to add it, one drawback is that currently we don't have any models at our office to start the development.

On 10/23/2015 at 1:50 PM, Lars said:

Digital Logger, Belkin WeMo, Orvibo, Wispp and Time2.

Please see the release notes http://community.domotz.com/index.php?/topic/39-initial-beta-release-notes/

Note that some of them, like Orvibo, Wispp and Time2 are all made by the same company, so there might be more compatible products under different names.

I was thinking this too, so I purchased like 6 Orvibo S25's and an S31 "Smart Socket". I figured there would surely be little difference. This may be, but I don't get any integration. Is it possible to get these to work you think, aside from a full-fledged feature request?

This is all it gives me. It was very generic info until I typed a few things in:

https://www.screencast.com/t/W6fnOO5ovZD

Thanks!!

Chris

The Single plugs recognition is dependent on the make of the device and the "Esspresif" on I can see from the screenshot is not a candidate.

I am not sure if their underlying software is the same but its possible. As I don't have any of these models in house I can't test it so I may need your help to do so.

Could you send an email to support@domotz.com as its better for keeping track and following through issues?

Thanks.
Georgi