motech

Schedule POE port recycle power

motech

Can we please have the ability to schedule restart of specific POE ports?

If i have a POE device on a network that i want to restart weekly or monthly, there is no way for me to do this now (Unifi POE Swtiches).

This would be a huge selling feature and really push us to deploy these on all of our sisters.

Currently, we’ve deployed 3 domotz systems and are not really using them.

POE power scheduling would be huge, as would a few other features like power macros (several devices with one button) and a better end user app for our clients.

Giancarlo

Hi Motech,

thanks for your input with this. We have the automatic and scheduled control of power (either PoE/PDU or Soft reboot) of devices on our roadmap. But at the moment, we don't have an ETA for this activity.

On the other hand, most of our users are already doing automation through Domotz (and scheduling reboot of devices through PoE or PDU) by leveraging the Public API.

In particular please have a look at the capability to control the power status of devices which are either attached to PoE ports, or PDU outlet or they offer Soft Reboot:

https://portal.domotz.com/developers/#getdevicepoweractions

and

https://portal.domotz.com/developers/#poweractionondevice

Thanks for your understanding,

Giancarlo

motech
Just now, Giancarlo said:

Hi Motech,

thanks for your input with this. We have the automatic and scheduled control of power (either PoE/PDU or Soft reboot) of devices on our roadmap. But at the moment, we don't have an ETA for this activity.

On the other hand, most of our users are already doing automation through Domotz (and scheduling reboot of devices through PoE or PDU) by leveraging the Public API.

In particular please have a look at the capability to control the power status of devices which are either attached to PoE ports, or PDU outlet or they offer Soft Reboot:

https://portal.domotz.com/developers/#getdevicepoweractions

and

https://portal.domotz.com/developers/#poweractionondevice

Thanks for your understanding,

Giancarlo

Hi, thanks for the quick response.

i dont have the programming capability to do this, but i feel like paying $100 or more a year should get me some functionality that we actually need in the AV Home Automation business. Please reach out if you’d like to discuss this at all. I dont see many people in my industry using DOMOTZ at all, even though you are at every trade show. I know many of us keep going back to try it, but it just doesnt do what we need.

Every request I’ve ever made has been replied with “maybe in the future”

Very frustrating, especially that Crestron partnered with you.

GregS

As mentioned this can be done using a simple bit of programming.

If you are running Domotz on a Raspberry Pi, or if you just have some form of Linux-type OS set up and running somewhere, this feature can be added with a cronjob.

You would need a couple of things, the agentid for the site the Domotz device is located at, and the deviceid for the device itself you wish to powercycle the port.

The network switch you are using will need to support Power-Cycle as opposed to just ON and OFF.

curl -X POST your-domotz-api-endpoint/public-api/v1/agent/{agent_id}/device/{device_id}/action/power/cycle \ -H 'X-Api-Key: {your API_KEY}'

If your network switch only supports ON and OFF then just create a simple 3 line script:

curl -X POST your-domotz-api-endpoint/public-api/v1/agent/{agent_id}/device/{device_id}/action/power/off \ -H 'X-Api-Key: {your API_KEY}'

sleep 5

curl -X POST your-domotz-api-endpoint/public-api/v1/agent/{agent_id}/device/{device_id}/action/power/on \ -H 'X-Api-Key: {your API_KEY}'

That will reboot your NSP-1 every day for you :)

• Upvote 2