Sign in to follow this  
henriquesalvador

Unlocking Ubiquiti Devices

henriquesalvador

Hi All, 

Depending on the Ubiquiti device model, you will need to enter the credentials for one of the following services:

• Ubiquiti Edge Switch (Telnet credentials)
  • Ubiquiti MFI PDU (HTTP credentials)
  • Ubiquiti Tough Switch (SSH credentials)
  • Ubiquiti Unifi Switch (SSH credentials)
  • Ubiquiti Access Points (SSH credentials)

If even using the correct credentials an error is shown, please contact our support team: support@domotz.com.

Kind regards,

Henrique Salvador

Domotz Support

GregS

And what about a CloudKey? I can never figure out what needs to be entered there, but I can do the APs on the same site individually.

henriquesalvador

Hi @GregS ,

please note that we still do not support Ubiquiti devices controlled to a Unifi Cloud Solution. We are working on that. However if the controller is local, we will support it.

In particular, to unlock APs, first unlock one AP using the ssh credentials, once the AP is scanned the agent will identify on the network the controller, once the controller is identified, unlock it using the http credentials, all the other APs will be unlocked automatically at this point.

If you have any technical issue do not hesitate to contact our support: support@domotz.com.

Kind regards,

Henrique Salvador,

Domotz Support

SurePointIT

Just so I understand correctly, if a client of mine has Ubiquity and their devices are linked to a cloud controller, which is not on-site, Domotz will not be able to look at the config?

I have over 50 sites that we manage that all have Unifi devices and they are pointing to my cloud controller. If this is true, I won't be able to deploy to those customers. 

Please confirm.

Giancarlo
1 hour ago, SurePointIT said:

Just so I understand correctly, if a client of mine has Ubiquity and their devices are linked to a cloud controller, which is not on-site, Domotz will not be able to look at the config?

I have over 50 sites that we manage that all have Unifi devices and they are pointing to my cloud controller. If this is true, I won't be able to deploy to those customers. 

Please confirm.

Your understanding is correct. We are still developing the integration with Unifi when the Controller is outside of the network. Would you be willing to check the solution we have so far when the Controller is in the cloud? If so, please send me a DM and we will start from there.

On the other hand, please note that the integration is only adding additional value to the already existing ones. Domotz will still monitor the Access Points physically available on those network. The only missing part is the additional information which we are able to extract from the controller (e.g. list of WiFi client connected, signal level, etc). But the good news is that as soon as the integration is available, you will have that capability also on the already deployed customers.