mtork

Daily Alerts Incomplete

mtork

I'm new to this, but surprisingly the Daily Alerts Digest does not include when the network connection to the Domotz Agent is lost. I get a notification the connection is lost and when it reconnects, but the Digest doesn't track this. I can't see any place to select what events are collected. Seems like a major issue if this isn't tracked IMO. Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance.

-Mark

Silvio

Hi Mark,

the Dailty Alerts Digest is sent instead of real time email notification.

If you have configured emal alerts for network connection up/down, this will be added to your Digest. But if you have not configured email alerts, they will not be included.

For instance suppose that you have configured email alerts for network connections/up-down:

- If Digest is disabled: you will receive an email alerts as soon as the system detect the problem

- if Digest is enabled and configured to "one per day": it will send a single email per day with the recap of all email alerts you have configured. 

- if Digest if enabled and configured on a "time window": all email  notifications and alerts retrieved during the configured time are collected and sent at the end of the time window, while the rest are sent real time. This last option is particularly useful for some businesses that want every morning a recap of alerts received overnight, while want to have real-time notifications during the day.

But in any case, the Digest only display those alerts that you have configured.

mtork

That resolved it. I didn't have the email alerts configured correctly. 

Thanks for the rapid response Silvio.

• Like 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.