Last Known WAN IP Address

Hey guys!

We just had a site go down and wanted to start a running ping from my computer to the WAN IP just to know the instant it comes back.  Don't have any record of the last WAN IP though.  Thought this would be a relatively simple and awesome feature to have.  Under Network Info it shows the Public IP Address, Name, Provider, Gateway, etc...  If there was one more field that showed the last known Public IP Address, that would be super helpful. 

This could be the same text field for that matter.  When a site is down, the text "Public IP Address" could change to "Last Known IP Address" and just show the cached address where it says N/A.

If it's not already available, it would be nice to have WAN IP Address changed as an alert under "Network Events".

Thanks!

Dan

Edited by Dan
Giancarlo

Hi Dan,

this is a very interesting topic. Until few months ago, the "Info" tab under the "Network Performance" section of the App/WebApp did not retrieve the cached data.

However, we are now showing the Latest Known Public IP (and all the other information) in that section, even if the Domotz Agent is not reachable anymore (i.e. Agent is Offline):

Screen Shot 2020-05-22 at 5.58.29 AM.png

On the other hand, the "Network" info tab under the local Domotz Agent WebInterface (port 3000) does not show this information.

I hope this will be useful.

Posted (edited)

Hi Giancarlo,

It's funny because a different site went down a while ago and I was able to see the information in the Info tab.  So I wasn't actually sure if this was normal behavior or not.  The site currently in question did come back this morning but still doesn't show the info.  This is all I get.  The client is up and I can connect to devices on site through Domotz but it isn't showing some critical information.  What does this mean??

Screen Shot 2020-05-22 at 9.13.07 AM.png

Edited by Dan
Giancarlo

Hi Dan,

it is possible that the site doesn't not allow the Domotz Agent to retrieve the Public IP info (Domotz uses external servers for that - therefore probably a firewall limitation). Would you mind to send an email to support to investigate? Please share access to your agent as well, that might be useful.

Thanks,

Giancarlo