Devices with multiple IP addresses

ddougan

I have physical servers with multiple interfaces - these show up, effectively, as different devices in the list of devices. Is there a way to show one device with multiple interfaces so that, for example, the Eyes report via any active interface?

Unfortunately, at the moment, each "entity" with its own MAC address is treated as a different physical device, even though the device is just one with multiple interfaces (as in your case).

We have in our roadmap the possibility to merge different entities in a single one, so that you can basically see one single device with multiple interfaces. We will add your name to the list of request.

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...

I'd like to bump this request as I have the same issue.
It is happening with switches with different interface for vlans, firewalls with multiple interfaces, servers, PABX and other VOIP equipment.

Thanks,
Tim.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 5/25/2020 at 3:19 PM, Giancarlo said:

We will add your name to the list of request.

Please can you add our name to this request.

• 2 weeks later...

Almost 2 years later, what's the status?  Is it possible to connect one device with multiple interfaces?  Or, in another case, we've changed the NIC, in which case we'd like to merge one into another (old in to new)?

3 hours ago, JeffRyer said:

Almost 2 years later, what's the status?  Is it possible to connect one device with multiple interfaces?  Or, in another case, we've changed the NIC, in which case we'd like to merge one into another (old in to new)?

@JeffRyer @ITEM93 we are trying to get this functionality in production within the first half of 2022. We appreciate your patience with this.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

@Giancarlo Great to hear. I have a L3 switch that has routing for multiple vlans and it has routs that are being seen as different devices I would love to merge them to one device with multiple interfaces.

On 6/10/2022 at 4:47 PM, Chris.C said:

@Giancarlo Great to hear. I have a L3 switch that has routing for multiple vlans and it has routs that are being seen as different devices I would love to merge them to one device with multiple interfaces.

Thanks for the feedback Chris. We are almost there. In a few weeks, this capability will be added at the Public API level, and soon after we will add the capability of merging different entities (MAC Addresses / Network Interfaces) in a single device cluster.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Good news about this thread. We have just released, as of this morning, the capability of grouping two (or more) NICs (different MAC addresses) in one single Device:

https://help.domotz.com/user-guide/group-device-interfaces/

The entire release notes, for this morning is available here:

https://help.domotz.com/user-guide/pfsense-freebsd-redis-apache-ngnix-monitoring-integration/

I know that it took a long time to have this feature available. But please, be aware that the original assumption in the model Domotz used to monitor devices, was that "One MAC Address" <-> "One Device". We have now broken that assumption, but as you can imagine, we had to puts the "development hands" in every single part of the software.

Any comment is more than welcome!