Device shows offline when not

ddougan

I have a Synology DiskStation on my own network which is showing offline, but it is active - I can ping it, and am logged in to the Web interface.

It shows two events in the Domotz logs - a "Went Up" event at 03.16 and a "Went Down" event at 06.29. At that time (06.29), it did restart to apply an OS upgrade.

What do I need to do to bring it back online in Domotz?

Giancarlo

this is quite strange. Domotz Agent, if still active should immediately report the device for its status. Can you please check if by any means the Synology NAS has a dual network interface, with different MAC address, and when it went back online it registered with a different MAC address?

We would recommend to follow-up with support. 

ddougan

It has a bonded dual interface. You appear to be correct - the MAC address showing in Domotz is not the one the device's information page shows. It looks like Domotz is selecting the incorrect one. 

Oddly, I rebooted it, and as it was going down, the interface in Domotz came back online - then showed offline again when it had restarted.

Thanks for your feedback. I'll raise a ticket.

Des