Sign in to follow this  
Pete

Will this work on the RPi-1

Pete

Wondering right now if this will work on the first generation RPi?

Right now using two RPi2's.  One is running CumulusMX and the other is running Homeseer.

Testing Kodi on RPi - it is way too slow.

Silvio

Hi Pete,

we have been focusing mainly on RPi2 up to now.

We have done some tests with the 1 (but not as many as with the 2), And we have one constantly running in our lab. Confirm it works! Also, I do not expect performance issues but we have not stressed it so much as the RPi2. Welcome if you try! Thanks

Pete

Thank you S.

Here I have multiple subnets and using load balancing on my internet connects and close to 120 devices on my network.  I can put 10 devices on one subnet with one RPi.

I just have to get to it as I have been busy.

Sucato

Wish the specification of RPi2 had been in the beta info initially.  Disappointed to find out it may not work right off the bat.  I still have the RBpi1(b) model.  I was actually really looking forward to getting Domotz to find a good use for it.

Lars

The original Raspberry Pi will work just fine, we just haven't done extensive testing on it and it might run a bit slow. 

We're committed to supporting the platform, so no worries. 

Silvio

Yes I confrm that Raspberry Pi Model B, Raspberry Pi Model B+ and Raspberry Pi 2 model B are supported. And no performance issues so far.

fillibar

I am using a RPi2 with no issues at all. It seems to handle my network just fine (currently at 37 devices).

Barlo

We have an RPi1 running the agent at our office. Works great so far (a little over 2 weeks). I haven't seen any differences yet between our RPi1 and the other RPi2s we're testing.

Lars

We have an RPi1 running the agent at our office. Works great so far (a little over 2 weeks). I haven't seen any differences yet between our RPi1 and the other RPi2s we're testing.

Right now, you're not likely to see any difference, as the feature set is still quite basic. However, once we start adding more features, the vastly slower processor in the RPi might not be able to support some of the more advanced features, or it'll run slower doing certain things. The installation ought to have taken longer on the RPi over the RPi2 as well, if only slightly, since this is more dependant on the type of memory card you're using for the OS.

System_Error_Message

When installing domotz for me it took a few minutes but the CPU was fully used in the process so i imagine it would take longer on the raspberry pi 1 for the same reason unless the CPU usage is just the CPU waiting for data. You can still overclock the raspberry pi 1 and if domotz uses asynchronous multi threading it will work well on the first one even with lots more features. I suggest installing htop on your raspberry pi and monitoring CPU and RAM usage with it.

Giancarlo

The Domotz Agent works pretty smooth on Raspberry Pi 1 as well. It might takes more than 10 minutes to install initially, both downloading and installing upgrades and part of the package. In this phase the CPU is very high. This phase is much longer on Raspberry Pi 1 compared to Raspberry Pi 2.

Moreover, during the first minutes of running, while scanning the network and enriching the information collected, the CPU might also be high on Raspberry Pi 1.

After this phase, the CPU goes down and quite low: we keep a Raspberry Pi 1 monitoring a network with an average of around 60 devices running, and Domotz Agent CPU is quite low most of the time.

Ah, and it's multithreaded.