Sign in to follow this  
fillibar

Feature Requests As of Nov. 30th, 2015

fillibar

Feature Requests:

Agent Pages:

1) Would prefer that the Agent use HTTPS (and encrypted using TLS as SSL is no longer considered "secure") instead of HTTP for it's agent page.

2) Agent page on port 3000 should require a login to view. Yes, they already have to be in my network to view it but why make life any easier.

3) Ability to change Agent Location. Right now mine is very generic at my town. Not even sure exactly how it got that (I assume it got it from the RasPi itself) but it is not configurable and looks like it should be.

4) Ability to change the server used for the Speed Test on the Agent page. It would also be nice if it listed what server it was selecting by default. "Nearest Server" really does not tell me much.

5) Listing of what the Agent version is on the Agent Info webpage. I am not even sure what version I have unless I look at the User Portal or during the install process. Which was a bummer because I did not realize there was a newer one than I had last provided feedback on.

App:

6) List what version the Agent is on in the app.

7) Notification of Agent updates. Have the app notify the user...

User Portal:

8) Awaiting ability to kill off bad agent listings... Since 2 of the 3 of mine are invalid (one became invalid early on and the other due to an apparently faulty RasPi itself) I would like to clear them off and hopefully free up the licenses for replacement hardware, as well as just tidy up my listing.

Giancarlo
2 hours ago, fillibar said:

User Portal:

8) Awaiting ability to kill off bad agent listings... Since 2 of the 3 of mine are invalid (one became invalid early on and the other due to an apparently faulty RasPi itself) I would like to clear them off and hopefully free up the licenses for replacement hardware, as well as just tidy up my listing.

At the moment, we can manage this from Backoffice. Just let us know which you want to delete. We will take care of them

fillibar

Domo-Snell and Primary can both be removed. My Raspberry Pi Zero should arrive Wednesday (if UPS is telling the truth) so I should be ready to try it sometime after that point.

Lars

We can't simply put the local agent on an HTTPS page, as it would require the web server to be set up accordingly. For the NAS versions, this is something that has to be configured in the settings and affects things device wide, i.e. any service running on the NAS would then use HTTPS. 

Keep in mind that the Agent runs locally on your network, so it's not like a web site that anyone has access to. 

Again, the local Agent page doesn't allow anyone to do anything harmful, as you can only get some information about the local network and run a couple of tests. To do a reset, the email address and password is needed. A login page isn't a bad idea, but it's not something crucial right now, but it's something I've also brought up internally and it'll likely be added in the future.

The location stuff will be done, it's already planned, but it'll likely be at some point next year.

We're working on improving the speed test in general, but it's going to take some time.

The new Agents was only recently released and doesn't contain any major new features if you already have it up and running. We've only added a feature that allows us to detect unconfigured Agents through the apps for easier setup. In general, we're pushing out updates automatically, but this was one we couldn't do that way. We're working on improving this part too, so we can deliver updates automatically.

There shouldn't be any need to list the Agent version in the app, nor tell you there are updates, as this should all happen in the background. We're doing this as we want everyone to be on the same, up-to-date version of the Agent that contains the latest updates and features. Admittedly our system for doing this isn't perfect yet, so we still have to issue new Agents once in a while, such as the most recent update which is only our third release since we started the beta test.

Giancarlo
On 12/1/2015, 9:10:21, fillibar said:

Domo-Snell and Primary can both be removed. My Raspberry Pi Zero should arrive Wednesday (if UPS is telling the truth) so I should be ready to try it sometime after that point.

Domo-Snell removed, not Primary though: it seems still used. Let me know if you want that to be removed as well.

Let us know how it goes with Raspberry Pi Zero.

fillibar

Thanks for killing Domo-Snell. Amazingly I got Primary functional again last night while working with my RasPi Zero (initial impressions over in the RasPi category). I guess it knew it was on the line and decided to behave? Either way everything is back up and running. All three are wireless and connected with USB battery blocks so they each have their own "UPS". Looking into making a simple circuit for shutdown purposes... But the batteries should work for at least 24hrs each. Great deal for under $10...