Sign in to follow this  
fillibar

Feature Request: Agent Upgrades

fillibar

I know it is early for domotz, but it would be nice if the agent could be upgraded remotely:

1) Initiated from the app.

2) Initiated via a Web interface.

3) Option for automatic updates pushed (or pulled periodically) from Domotz.

This would help for the current switch to AWS for example. I am away from home and unable to update my agent remotely... 

Lars

This is the longer term plan, at least for the Raspberry Pi Agent. However, we can't do this on the NAS Agents, as they have to be updated via the NAS package manager and this is something that's outside of our control.

fillibar

So maybe this should be moved over to the RasPi area for those. Or just make the "communication module" portion of the agent separated enough to do specific upgrades.

L3rd

This is the longer term plan, at least for the Raspberry Pi Agent. However, we can't do this on the NAS Agents, as they have to be updated via the NAS package manager and this is something that's outside of our control.

On the NAS can be updated via GIT or some other repository as is already done on other packages?