Domotz not starting on Qnap nas with new firmware

carlogrieco

carlogrieco

Hi.

After updating some of my Qnap nas, the Domotz app doesn't start. It says "Failed to start Domotz Network Monitoring. QTS does not support this Domotz Network Monitoring version. Check for updates in "App Center" or on the official app website."

Carlo

Giancarlo

Hi Carlo,

thanks for notifying about this. Our team is looking into the compatibility of the Domotz Agent package for QNAP OS 4.5.1.1456 (or above). I assume you have upgraded to one of these version.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

Giancarlo

Henrik_Nordling

Any updates on this or is time to start thinking about moving the agent to another non-qnap hardware?

I am on firmware 4.5.1.1461

Edited by Henrik_Nordling
Giancarlo
On 10/21/2020 at 12:33 PM, Henrik_Nordling said:

Any updates on this or is time to start thinking about moving the agent to another non-qnap hardware?

I am on firmware 4.5.1.1461

Hi, 

we should have a new Package available before the end of the week. Note that the package will require manual install (the QNAP usually takes a few week to post the new packages on their store).

We will update this thread.

Thanks for your patience,

Giancarlo

Giancarlo

All,

thanks for your patience. We have created the following new packages, which should address the issue experienced with the new QNAP firmware:

Please, select the package for your own architecture. If unsure, please do not hesitate to drop an email to support@domotz.com

Thanks,

Giancarlo

Henrik_Nordling
15 hours ago, Giancarlo said:

All,

thanks for your patience. We have created the following new packages, which should address the issue experienced with the new QNAP firmware:

Please, select the package for your own architecture. If unsure, please do not hesitate to drop an email to support@domotz.com

Thanks,

Giancarlo

That worked out great (I used the x64 version).

Now let´s see if the available update from QNAP 4.5.1.1465 causes any new problems, I´ll let you known in that case :)

Anyway, good work "Giancarlo"!

Giancarlo
5 hours ago, Henrik_Nordling said:

That worked out great (I used the x64 version).

Now let´s see if the available update from QNAP 4.5.1.1465 causes any new problems, I´ll let you known in that case :)

Anyway, good work "Giancarlo"!

Thanks for the feedback Henrik. Hopefully the newer upgrade should not cause any new problem. But in case it does, don't hesitate to let us know! We are here to assist.

Henrik_Nordling
Just now, Giancarlo said:

Thanks for the feedback Henrik. Hopefully the newer upgrade should not cause any new problem. But in case it does, don't hesitate to let us know! We are here to assist.

The upgrade went just fine so you seems to have done the job correct :)

Giancarlo
1 minute ago, Henrik_Nordling said:

The upgrade went just fine so you seems to have done the job correct :)

Thanks for the additional feedback Henrik, and glad to here it works also with the newer firmware :) 

Hopefully, the QNAP team will put the newer package on the store soon as well... they are usually quite slow and it requires multiple weeks to have the newer package on the store :( But we are here to provide a manual package, just in case like this, issue happens.

Henrik_Nordling
2 minutes ago, Giancarlo said:

Thanks for the additional feedback Henrik, and glad to here it works also with the newer firmware :) 

Hopefully, the QNAP team will put the newer package on the store soon as well... they are usually quite slow and it requires multiple weeks to have the newer package on the store :( But we are here to provide a manual package, just in case like this, issue happens.

Well manual install was so easy so I don´t see this as a problem.

I would have wished that if something like occures again there would be an easy way to migrate (temporary) the agent installation to other hardware platform, say a window server could have been used while we had issues with the QNAP agent.

I did install the windows agent and had been hoping to see a "migrate to this server" option when login in to the agent. But after some further reading I found that one will most likly have to reset and start refresh on the new agent, or spend bunch of time copying the files over. No automatic migration wizard.

If you had this covered in your roadmap I think it could be beneficial in event of future agent software problems.

Anyway in total  like your product "as is" and this is the first time I had this issue.

Giancarlo
17 minutes ago, Henrik_Nordling said:

I would have wished that if something like occures again there would be an easy way to migrate (temporary) the agent installation to other hardware platform, say a window server could have been used while we had issues with the QNAP agent.

I did install the windows agent and had been hoping to see a "migrate to this server" option when login in to the agent. But after some further reading I found that one will most likly have to reset and start refresh on the new agent, or spend bunch of time copying the files over. No automatic migration wizard.

Hi Henrik, 

I am sorry if this is not as easy as it should be, but there is a process to "migrate" a Domotz Agent (all the data and the license) from one Hardware to a different one:

How Do I Move my Domotz Agent to New Hardware Without Losing My Configuration?

It requires our Support team to do some changes in the DB, but that is definitely feasible. But there is always areas of improvement, and this is probably one of that :)