When will speed tests be reliable

internetraver

I know there have been quite a few topic about speed tests on here but nothing seems to be getting better.

I have a handful of dedicated Domotz and Luxul boxes out there and the speed tests they report are so inconsistent that I can't even send this report to my clients.  Many clients with service above 500 up to a gig and this box will rarely show above 350.  At the same time I have Domotz running on my Synology and speeds constantly show between 500-600 (paying for 600).

So the question is do we have a hardware issue here on the dedicated Domotz boxes?  When will this issue be addressed?  Honestly this is really the only report my clients are interested in seeing.... "am I getting the speeds I am paying for?"

You guys raised your rates by quite a bit a while back and that comes with the expectation that your service will work for our business models and our clients. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Giancarlo

I am sorry for the delay in getting back on this. Users rely on the Support channel (email to support@domotz.com) to get a prompt feedback about any issue. Can you please contact Support providing your account details? We might need to check which methodology is used on your Domotz Agents. 

There are definitely intrinsic limitations to the speed tests which can be recorded by a Domotz Agent, but we have also seen instances with tests well above the 500Mbps, like the following:

image.png

image.png