Sign in to follow this  
fillibar

App Tiles Need to Refresh

fillibar

I noticed that when switching between agents in the app (version 0.9.6b003) the main screen tiles do not refresh. My zero has 29 devices. When switched to another agent (that I knew had 40+) it still showed 29. Entering the device list made it refresh to the actual 43 for that agent. Switching back kept the 43 on the zero tiles, until I entered the device list which switched it to 29.

This also happens with the Alerts tile.

So it appears when switching between multiple agents the tiles need to have a refresh triggered.

Lars

They should, but it normally takes up to about 5 seconds or so if  you have a lot of devices connected.

I'll check with the software team.

Also, I deleted your partial double post on the same topic.

fillibar

Lars, thanks... I think I lost connection while posting and could not see the other one.

Maybe it could do the "Loading..." at the bottom of the screen while it refreshes?

Lars

So it's working now?

That's not a bad idea, I'll suggest it to the software team.

fillibar

The lost connection was with posting, not testing the tiles.

That being said... I just rechecked it and I get a near-instant refresh... I am in the same general area (within 5ft) and have an LTE data connection (did the other time also). I can only assume it was trying to refresh and not getting the data in a timely fashion yesterday.

Lars

Fair enough, but I guess it would be good to have a notification on our side, just in case, and maybe a timeout notification too if it takes longer than expected.

fillibar

Sounds quite reasonable. Any scenario where you need a connection could probably have a timer... If it surpasses it pop up a notice saying the connection is slow so you are not getting the data in a timely fashion, continue to wait or cancel the action... Cancelling is not useful for the main screen, but there just the warning would be useful (no popup needed).