Installing on Raspberry Pi

steve

Hello

I have a customer with 8 sites and a Raspberry Pi on each site, 6 have installed succesfully and 2 are stuck saying "Starting domotz..."

any thoughts? 

Screenshot 2021-03-16 152939.png

Hi Steve,

can you please send an email to support@domotz.com? We would like to help there.

Have you evaluated the possibility to use the SNAP package on your Raspberry Pi?

Hi @Steve,

For reference in case others need assistance please use this guide to install the package from the Snapcraft Store https://help.domotz.com/user-guide/domotz-installation-raspberry-pi/

This package updates itself, keeping the agent always in the latest version.

If using the latest version of the Raspberry OS (Buster 10) do the following to use the VPN on Demand feature:

1. Comment one line at this file /etc/ld.so.preload (command: sudo nano /etc/ld.so.preload).

Before

/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libarmmem-${PLATFORM}.so

After

#/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libarmmem-${PLATFORM}.so

*Just add a # at the beginning of the line.

Restart the Domotz Pro agent service:

sudo snap restart domotzpro-agent-publicstore

This preloaded module conflicts with the snap package. After this the error with the module  should be resolved and the agent will be able to use the VPN on Demand.

Hope that helps you with the current installations.

Henrique Salvador

Domotz Support

Thanks for the responses, i have logged a ticket to support. I was following the guide from Domotz' site re installing on the Pi, as i mentioned, it is running on 6 OK, just have this issue on 2 of them, all running same version of Raspbarian etc.