Monthly Subscriptions Are Here Read more... ×
James

QNAP Agent install hangs

James

Agent install hangs at 75% when installing (see attach pic) on QNAP (version 4.2.0). This is using dmotz-qnap-x86-1.0.0-182.qpkg.

Any ideas ?

James

Screenshot - 25_01_2016 , 21_47_53.jpg

Silvio

Hi James,

just need a bit o patience. QTS has a strange way of calculating this % (looks like it is based on the number of files rather than their size). If you can wait a bit more, you will see everything installed.

Just as a fresh piece of news: we have just been approved for the official QNAP app store. We have put there a slightly newer version that improves a bit also the download part. Can I ask you to try from there? Thank you!

miji2

@Silvio not showing up on the QNAP app store for me just yet .. do we need to uninstall the manually-installed domotz agent or just sit tight as it's too early?

Silvio

If you have QTS 4.2.0 should be in the app store (see under Home Automation). If you have QTS 4.2.1, it looks like they haven't put there yet (might come soon). Anyway we will announce this more officially at a latter stage

James

I have 4.2.0 and I have checked under "Home Automation" and it shows only one app there and it is not domotz. 

When I logged in to QTS it showed there was a background task and when I clicked on, it showed the Domotz install at 80% so that must have been running since a day ago. I couldn't stop the task so I rebooted the server and then attempted the manual install and went and had dinner. On returning it shows the install stuck at 75% again.

Silvio

That is really strange.

If you have an x86 qnap, domotz should appear in the store, like in he picture below.

If instead you have an ARM-based processor, then domotz is not available yet. We are planning to support it soon (our team is working at it these days).

Can you just tell me which QNAP model do you have?

Thx

Untitled.png

James

OK that is it. Checking my model is TS-412 and that apparently is ARM chip - so that makes sense now. That is a pity, I will have to wait. Thanks

Silvio

But it might come very soon... Keep you posted - and I hope you are willing to be one of the first trying that.

Thanks

Torben
On 24/1/2016 at 10:52 PM, James said:

Agent install hangs at 75% when installing (see attach pic) on QNAP (version 4.2.0). This is using dmotz-qnap-x86-1.0.0-182.qpkg.

Any ideas ?

James

Screenshot - 25_01_2016 , 21_47_53.jpg

I have same issue, just mine happens with 80% and stops for days.

OP sys is: 4.3.3 on TS-879 ECS Pro.

Mauro
2 hours ago, Torben said:

I have same issue, just mine happens with 80% and stops for days.

OP sys is: 4.3.3 on TS-879 ECS Pro.

Hi Torben, 
The device mentioned in your post seems to be an x64 architecture.

We created a new package that should solve your problem. The package is almost ready to be uploaded on the market and you should be able to install it manually.

You can download it from this url

https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/domotz-temporary/domotz-qnap-x64-4.3.0-2.1.3-preprod.qpkg

If you need help in order to install it manually you should follow these steps

• - Download domotz qpkg packet ffrom the link above
  • - open "app center" on your qnap
  • - Click on "install manually" , select the downloaded package and install it

hope this can help you enjoying Domotz:)

Regards 

Mauro 

• Upvote 1

Silvio

Confirm this works also on HS-251 and other models. We have  submitted to QNAP to publish on the stores. In the meantime use the above link.

BlackBridgeSystems

Reviving this topic as we've recently attempted to complete the install of the Domotz agent on two of our QNAP NAS devices - TS-419P II (4.3.3) and TS-469L (4.3.4) and both installs fail at exactly 80%. Upon investigation, both fail on the initial start of the Domotz agent. Tricky thing is, if the package install is cancelled in any way, it deletes the whole .qpkg/domotz directory and thus, all the logs. Manually installed and can now track the issue.

On both installs, the service is hanging with this repetitive entry in the log file /share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/domotz/var/log/domotz/domotz_status.log

2018-11-11 10:59:37 [2557] LOG: Waiting for port number in /tmp/domotz_listener.port

The install/startup script is looking for the service to come up but it doesn't. The start up failed long before that and will never come up actually...no matter how long you leave it. Scrolling back up the log file finds two different errors which is clearly the source of the problem.

TS-419P II

2018-11-11 10:58:54 [28263] LOG: Pid file doesn't exist, program probably stopped
2018-11-11 10:58:54 [28263] LOG: +--- Start domotz ---+
2018-11-11 10:58:54 [28263] LOG: Link static content from /share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/domotz/lib/node_modules/domotz-remote-pawn/data
node: symbol lookup error: /opt/lib/libstdc++.so.6: undefined symbol: _ZNSt11__timepunctIcE2idE, version GLIBCXX_3.4
node: symbol lookup error: /opt/lib/libstdc++.so.6: undefined symbol: _ZNSt11__timepunctIcE2idE, version GLIBCXX_3.4

TS-469L

2018-11-11 10:41:49 [28044] LOG: Pid file doesn't exist, program probably stopped
2018-11-11 10:41:49 [28044] LOG: +--- Start domotz ---+
2018-11-11 10:41:49 [28044] LOG: Link static content from /share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/domotz/lib/node_modules/domotz-remote-pawn/data
node: relocation error: /opt/lib/libpthread.so.0: symbol __tunable_get_val, version GLIBC_PRIVATE not defined in file ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 with link time reference

In the case of the TS-419P II, the linked library is there, executable, and permissions allow access to the file

lrwxrwxrwx    1 admin    administ        19 Feb 11  2017 /opt/lib/libstdc++.so.6 -> libstdc++.so.6.0.21*

In the case of the TS-469L, the file does not exist on the NAS.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Mauro

hi BlackBridgeSystems

We are sorry to read you have problems with our software. 

Checking on Qnap site it seems that TS-419P II have a marvell cpu and TS-469 an Atom x64, could you try to install again the agent using our last packages and let us now if they fix the problem? 

https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/domotz-temporary/qnap/domotz-qnap-x64-4.3.0-2.4.1-2.3.1-b001-0058.qpkg

for TS-469

and 

https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/domotz-temporary/qnap/domotz-qnap-marvell-4.3.0-2.4.1-2.3.1-b001-0058.qpkg

for TS-419P II

• Like 2

BlackBridgeSystems

Mauro, thanks for the quick reply.

The TS-419P II package installed correctly, however, when attempting to start fails with this error:

[/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/domotz/var/log/domotz] # /etc/init.d/domotz.sh restart
/sbin/getcfg: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.7' not found (required by /share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/domotz/lib/libcrypto.so.1.0.0)
+--- domotz is not running ---+
/sbin/getcfg: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.7' not found (required by /share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/domotz/lib/libcrypto.so.1.0.0)
domotz is disabled.

And checking LDD gives:

# ldd --version | grep ldd
ldd (GNU libc) 2.5

Can you help with this error? I'll look at the other NAS shortly.

Edited by BlackBridgeSystems

Mauro

Hi BlackBridgeSystems
We are trying to identify the problem on Marvell package however we are quite sure that other architecture should work well. Could you have a try? in the meanwhile we are going to to try to solve the issue and keep you up to date. 

Thanks you and best regards

BlackBridgeSystems

Appreciate it Mauro - this is an existing client we're looking to add functionality to, but it is not time sensitive.

BlackBridgeSystems

Any updates on the Marvell project Mauro?

Mauro

Any good news, Qnap toolchain for Marvell architecture is very old (2013) , we have difficult to compile new version for this architecture, we hope we can give you good news asap.