Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cfool

"ONLINE but some services are down" after agent upgrade

cfool

Hi.  I upgraded to version 1.0.0-182 from -180 which was my original installation.  This is on an RPi.  The basics are working, but I see an orange banner on the web portal with this message:  "ONLINE but some services are down.  Please restart your local agent."

I have restarted the RPi a couple of times now and this banner remains.  I am able to see the individual devices in the web portal but all the options in the "Connect" tab are grayed out for devices where I should be able to connect via RDP or a web portal.

How can I troubleshoot this or could it be a licensing issue?

Many thanks

Giancarlo

It's not a licensing issue. It seems like one of the process on your installation is not talking to the Cloud. This is the channel on top of which the agent receives the commands from the cloud.

Please execute the following commands:

ps -ef |grep domotz_listener

you should get the PID of a process.

Send a SIGHUP to that process:

kill -1 <PID>

As soon as you do that, you will get a new log created in folder:

/var/log/domotz

Please zip the content of that folder and send over to support@domotz.com. We will have a look at that.

cfool

Ok. I will try those steps later tonight and provide the logs.   Thanks.  

Demant

Hi Giancarlo,

I have the same message on my Samsung Tab 3 client,
the IOS client does not show this message, so could be a client issue.

Giancarlo

There is one recognized issue on one of our backend component, which affect users that perform a resume of an Agent configuration on the Hardware. We are fixing it. In the next few hours you shouldn't get this error anymore.

Thanks for the patience.

BMTECH

Has this back end component been resolved? Its been 2 days and my portal is Pink and Offline. 

Giancarlo

The issue on the backend have been fixed already. With regard to your specific case @BMTECH it seems that the Domotz Agent is completely switched off. Worth to check on the Raspberry.

ilkevinli

I just upgraded and I am still having this issue. See screen shot. My agent is installed on a Synology NAS

IMG_0049.PNG

Giancarlo
6 hours ago, ilkevinli said:

I just upgraded and I am still having this issue. See screen shot. My agent is installed on a Synology NAS

Your case should also be fine now. Please advice if not.

ilkevinli
6 hours ago, Giancarlo said:

Your case should also be fine now. Please advice if not.

Seems to be good now. Thank you.

cjohlandt

I'm having the same problem.  My Raspberry Pi had crashed a few weeks back and I finally had time to rebuild it. I have Domotz up and running, but I'm getting the orange banner saying it's online but some services are down.  Anything I can do to fix this?

Thanks.

-Chris

Giancarlo
On 2/13/2016 at 8:45 PM, cjohlandt said:

I'm having the same problem.  My Raspberry Pi had crashed a few weeks back and I finally had time to rebuild it. I have Domotz up and running, but I'm getting the orange banner saying it's online but some services are down.  Anything I can do to fix this?

Thanks.

-Chris

Chris. I'm checking your case personally. Please, keep the Raspberry switched on. I'll inform you as soon as your case is fixed as well.

Giancarlo
3 hours ago, Giancarlo said:

Chris. I'm checking your case personally. Please, keep the Raspberry switched on. I'll inform you as soon as your case is fixed as well.

@cjohlandt Your case has been fixed now. Let me know if you experience any other issue.

cjohlandt
11 hours ago, Giancarlo said:

@cjohlandt Your case has been fixed now. Let me know if you experience any other issue.

I just checked and the orange banner is gone.  Thank you!

-Chris

Rudicircle

I have just come across this exact same problem with mine running on a RasPi as well.

Worked perfect last week when testing it, now I've installed in its working location I can't use all the features.

I've even set up remote SSH to reboot it hoping that will help, but 5 reboots later and I still get the same message.

Rudicircle

Here's a strange symptom to add to the above:

I've got the Domotz app on my phone (Android) and the web app open on my computer.

While I still had the orange "Please restart...." banner displaying on my phone, the web app was working fine, giving me access to web UIs etc for connected devices. After about 10 minutes, the web app displayed the orange banner and it simultaneously disappeared from my phone.

This then allowed me to access web UIs using my phone for about 10 minutes before the opposite happened, i.e.: the orange banner disappeared from the web app and reappeared on the Android app - almost as if it's playing pong between the two connections.

Alas, while writing this post the orange banner has appeared on both! It seems to ebb and flow randomly, though very often.

Nicolino
2 hours ago, Rudicircle said:

I have just come across this exact same problem with mine running on a RasPi as well.

Worked perfect last week when testing it, now I've installed in its working location I can't use all the features.

I've even set up remote SSH to reboot it hoping that will help, but 5 reboots later and I still get the same message.

Your case seems different from the rest in this thread. We are continuing on investigations but i have some preliminary questions:

1) which kind of raspbetty you installed domotz on

2) output of command top -n 1

3) output of command cat /proc/cpuinfo

1 minute ago, Rudicircle said:

Here's a strange symptom to add to the above:

I've got the Domotz app on my phone (Android) and the web app open on my computer.

While I still had the orange "Please restart...." banner displaying on my phone, the web app was working fine, giving me access to web UIs etc for connected devices. After about 10 minutes, the web app displayed the orange banner and it simultaneously disappeared from my phone.

This then allowed me to access web UIs using my phone for about 10 minutes before the opposite happened, i.e.: the orange banner disappeared from the web app and reappeared on the Android app - almost as if it's playing pong between the two connections.

Alas, while writing this post the orange banner has appeared on both! It seems to ebb and flow randomly, though very often.

As stated above, your case is different from the rest on this thread. It seems your Raspberry Pi is suffering in excessive resource usage, and due to this the Domotz Agent performs continuous restarts (e.g. 1 every 4-5 minutes).

The check from the WebApp and from the Mobile App are not synchronized. So it might happen that when the WebApp checks for the status of the Agent, the mobile App is not, and viceversa. But in case there is the orange bar displayed, there might be an issue on the Domotz Agent.

On the basis of the output requested above, we will provide you with a solution for you to continue working with your Rasbperry

Rudicircle

It is a Raspberry Pi Model B+

2) output of command top -n 1

See attached image: raspi_topresponse.png

3) output of command cat /proc/cpuinfo

See attached image: raspi_cpuinfo.png

raspi_topresponse.png

raspi_cpuinfo.png

Nicolino
1 hour ago, Rudicircle said:

It is a Raspberry Pi Model B+

2) output of command top -n 1

See attached image: raspi_topresponse.png

3) output of command cat /proc/cpuinfo

See attached image: raspi_cpuinfo.png

raspi_topresponse.png

raspi_cpuinfo.png

It seems that your raspberrypi is overload by domotz activity.
With the new version of the Domotz Agent, we have some minor issues on performance, which are particularly critical on old version of Raspberry Pis as your.

We can fine-tune our processes to reduce the fingerprint and resource consumption. What I recommend is to perform the following steps on your raspberry:

1. stop the domotz agent:

/etc/init.d/domotz stop

2. Change configuration to reduce resource usage.

As a root use on raspberrypi execute the following command:

sed -e "s/\"nmap_max_processes\": 10,/\"nmap_max_processes\": 1,/g" -i /opt/domotz/etc/domotz.json

sed -e "s/StartPollers=10/StartPollers=1/g" -e "s/# StartTrappers=5/StartTrappers=1/g" -e "s/StartPingers=10/StartPingers=0/g" -e "s/# StartHTTPPollers=1/StartHTTPPollers=0/g" -e "s/# StartDBSyncers=4/StartDBSyncers=1/g" -i /opt/domotz/etc/zabbix_proxy.conf

sed -e "s/# StartAgents=3/StartAgents=1/g" -i /opt/domotz/etc/zabbix_agentd.conf

3. Restart the domotz agent:

/etc/init.d/domotz start

After a few minutes orange bar on app should disappear.

Let me know if you experience any other issue.

Rudicircle

I've performed the above tasks (and as an added measure upped the CPU clock using the the built-in overclock feature).

It has just come back online so I'll monitor it over the next few hours and report back.

Thanks for your help!

Rudicircle

Nearly 24 hours gone and it's still running strong.

The above changes has definitely had a positive impact - not once has it gone offline since.

I'm unsure whether the CPU clock increase has had any effect, so I'll set it back to normal (700MHz) next week and see how it performs.

DavidCreagh

I have the same issue on my QNAP TS-420 NAS.

I like the look of the product BTW.  Been waiting for a tool like this for a while.

Silvio

Mmm, this should not happen normally. Something is not working if the problem persists.

The cause might be :

- you have some firewall settings that are preventing you from connecting to all of our services

- high resources in the qnap. 

Please send me a private message by including the log files. On QNAP they should be here:

/share/HDA_DATA/.qpkg/domotz/var/log/domotz

or here:

/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/domotz/var/log/domotz

Tennant

I've started getting the same issue with my PRO box over last few days. If I reboot the PRO then the message clears for a while but then returns again. Is there any way to remotely reboot the box from the client app?