Demant

TimeCapsule listed with 2 ip addresses

Demant

I have a timecapsule which is listed with 2 ip addresses and the domotz agents on Qnap version 1.0.3 and RPI version 0.9.9 both show the same behavour.
It showed the ip address of the timecapsule (17.2) and the ip address of the Apple TV (17.23).
I changed the ip address of the apple tv from 17.23 to 17.9 and now the timecapsule is reported with the new ip address of the apple tv :S

I thought that I read somewhere that devices where checked based on MAC address so how is it possible that a device has 2 addresses ?

I suspect that this also causes false heartbeat lost and device lost alerts for which i cannot find any reason in the logging of the timecapsule.

screenshots attached to show the issue.

regards John

IMG_0439.PNG

IMG_0440.PNG

Giancarlo
9 hours ago, Demant said:

I thought that I read somewhere that devices where checked based on MAC address so how is it possible that a device has 2 addresses ?

You remember correctly. We do monitoring based on the MAC Address.

This seems like a bug. We are investigating in it with a matter of urgency.

We recently added the support to multiple VLAN, which required a change on our backend in order to allow same device to have multiple IP (e.g. if you think about the same device sitting on two VLANs). This might have caused the issue you are affected now. 

We'll keep you posted on this.

Giancarlo

It seems that in the past, due to an old bug, the TimeCapsule inherited two different interfaces (a bug which was fixed in the past).

It was not visible with previous version of App, since it was able to extract only one IP address (see my previous version).

We have amended the situation and you should be able to see only the correct IP address now. Please inform us if this is not the case.

Leon
On 11 February 2016 at 3:06 PM, Giancarlo said:

It seems that in the past, due to an old bug, the TimeCapsule inherited two different interfaces (a bug which was fixed in the past).

It was not visible with previous version of App, since it was able to extract only one IP address (see my previous version).

We have amended the situation and you should be able to see only the correct IP address now. Please inform us if this is not the case.

I have exact same problem, but not only with a time capsule but also with 3 airport extremes.  Strangely enough they also are listed with the same IP address of a second-generation Apple TV. 

Leon

I tried  reinstalling on my raspberry Pi, but it looks some data is cached somewhere,  because older devices are also listed.