ilkevinli

Set Alert time ?

ilkevinli

Hi,

I currently have my "important" devices set to send me an Alert to my "Mobile" when they go down. It takes 3 minutes before the alert gets sent. Is there a way we can change the time ? I would like to set it to 1 minute. Thank you.

Lars

Is this from when the device is being reported as down by the Agent, or from the time you "remove" it from the network?

There's a delay due to how the device discovery and down detection works, so normally it takes about two minutes before the Agent reports a device as down. I'm uncertain how long the push notification takes on top of that, but it varies, as we're using the build in notification systems in Android and iOS and if Google or Apple are experiencing a lot of notification traffic, there can be a delay before you get the notification as well.

ilkevinli
4 minutes ago, Lars said:

Is this from when the device is being reported as down by the Agent, or from the time you "remove" it from the network?

There's a delay due to how the device discovery and down detection works, so normally it takes about two minutes before the Agent reports a device as down. I'm uncertain how long the push notification takes on top of that, but it varies, as we're using the build in notification systems in Android and iOS and if Google or Apple are experiencing a lot of notification traffic, there can be a delay before you get the notification as well.

When I pull the power on the device, it takes 3 minutes for the notification to come through. So there is no way to change this ?

Edited by ilkevinli

Silvio

There  have two types of notification:

HB LOST: checked every 30 seconds. If the pings that we send every 30 seconds fail, you get notified. So roughly within a minute you should be notified.

DOWN:  this event is triggered after 4 consecutive HB lost (2 minutes). This is for avoiding false alerts with some devices (e.g. my smart TVs, sometimes,  loose hb even though they are working).

So I think you can choose among these two, and I guess you can apply HB lost in most cases

ilkevinli
12 minutes ago, Silvio said:

There  have two types of notification:

HB LOST: checked every 30 seconds. If the pings that we send every 30 seconds fail, you get notified. So roughly within a minute you should be notified.

DOWN:  this event is triggered after 4 consecutive HB lost (2 minutes). This is for avoiding false alerts with some devices (e.g. my smart TVs, sometimes,  loose hb even though they are working).

So I think you can choose among these two, and I guess you can apply HB lost in most cases

Oh Ok. I didn't see the heartbeat option. Thanks

giojohn

Alert via mobile. Were is the mobile number setup? I wish to change the number were my alerts will go.

Thank you.

Silvio

"Mobile" alert is a mobile push notification. So if you can install the domotz app (android or iOS) on the mobile you prefer, login with your domotz account and you will be getting the alerts there. 

giojohn

What if I have the mobile app on 3 different iOS (3 field techs) and one Android tablet (office tablet) how does this work out?

Silvio

You can do it.

Option 1: With the DIY version you can just ask your techs to create a Domotz account. You can then "share" your networks with them, by using the "collaboration feature". Each of them will be able to set-up its own alerts. Of course you can unshare any time you want

Option 2: Inside the PRO version, you will be able to create/destroy accounts for any member of your team. They will be able to set-up their own alerts. This is currently under development and should be available in a couple of weeks to our PRO users