Kastytis

REMOTE TECH SUPPORT: share a device only

Kastytis

Hi , 

what would be a process to share device only , not entire network ?

giojohn

I would also like to know how we can allow just the client to view his network devices, maybe he needs his own account?

Silvio

At the moment it is not possible to share a single device only.

In Q3, we are planning to  work at a simplified app that PRO users can give to their customers, allowing them to access a subset of our features with a simplified user interface.

To share the agent with the client, an option is to ask them to create an account on Domotz and download the app. Then from the "Collaboration" tile you can invite her/him by inserting the email they have used to create an account. From the app they can accept/reject. After accepted they will have access. You can remove them at any time.

Kastytis
8 hours ago, Silvio said:

simplified app that PRO users can give to their customers, allowing them to access a subset of our features with a simplified user interface.

I have  a bit different understanding / need in my mind 

Take a situation there I am a home user running Domotz agent in my home . 

I find some problems which I am not able to solve myself, for example Miele gateway in my case , or Paradox alarm , which has web interface as well.

I want to share a link ( limited in time ) with someone who can help me ..Now I can generate a link , log to device from any browser on my PC , but then I share it with someone - it gets internal server error 500... 

here is a link : https://650f298465ae98f0fcd9fe92f876690b.proxy.domotz.co/

Silvio

We do not allow this kind of static links that you can send to someone else to access. This is highly un-secure approach, as any hacker or unhautorised person could detect that link and possibly make troubles.

The link we create for our "Click to Enter" feature is unique for your connection, and only works from your machine where you start the connection from, and the actual device. This is highly secure.

We suggest to use our Collaboration feature, which requires he other person to have a domotz account (but does not need to buy any licence).

You can just invite him via the collaboration button and deactivate whenever you want.

Now I understand your request: you want to allow only access to a specific device. Unfortunately this is not there yet, but definitely it is something we want to do, hopefully by the summer. Even though we are still thinking of allowing this via our app  for security reasons (you enable only that account, the involved person has to login trough his credentials). Happy to get your view on this

Kastytis
1 hour ago, Silvio said:

This is highly un-secure approach, as any hacker or unhautorised person could detect that link and possibly make troubles.

we are still thinking of allowing this via our app  for security reasons (you enable only that account, the involved person has to login trough his credentials).

Security issues - noted and agreed 

allowing other person to access my "indoor" device only  and this person must identify himself by Domotz account  via webapp  without  having subscription, just account ,  seems OK and convenient as well