Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kastytis

Device "Config" tab

Kastytis

Hi , 

what functionality should be behind this tab ? 

I see this tab at Future Now Ethernet Relay module. This module can be controlled via web browser and I can connect to it via "Connect" tab and enter device user name and password.

"config" tab shows "authentication failed" ... do I need to enter device's username and password to control it directly from there ?

Ethernet_relay_switch_config.JPG

Silvio

We are going to investigate right now. Will let you know

It is possible that one of my team will contact you directly.

GeorgiTsatsev

Hi,

The functionality of the Config tab is to control (toggle between on and off) the ports of a IP power switch devices and, if you want, it can also associate it with another device on the network so that you can change that port from the tab of the associated device. We are currently do that by using the default username and password of these devices but in a few weeks we will support custom credentials.

The devices that are currently supported for that functionality are:

APC

Digital Loggers

Wattbox

Belkin WeMo

Orvibo

Wispp

Time2

We are working in increasing this list but currently we are  not supporting the Future Now Ethernet Relay module. The domotz tool tries sometimes to identify that device, but with invalid credentials. Therefore the message you see. We are working to amend this behaviour so that we wouldn't display that message.

Georgi

giojohn

Checking into this post and noticed I don't even have the tab in question showing on my phone app ( iPhone). Am I missing something?

domotz.png

Silvio

The Config tab appears any time Domotz recognise a device as one of those supporting advanced features. Currently it appears for supported PDUs and IP power switches such as   APC, Wattbox, Digital Lggers, Belkin Wemo, Orvib, Wispp, Time2 (and within days also Aten, Keene, jjplus).

hdsystems

Updated list (as of June 16, 2016):

PDU & smart plugs

•        APC

•        Amcrest

•        Aten

•        Belkin WeMo Switch

•        Digital-Loggers

•        Keene Electronics IPSMW1

•        Kankun (and similar JJPlus ones)

•        Orvibo Smart Socket (WiWo)

•        Pakedge PDU

•        Panamax/Bluebolt SM3-Pro, M4315-Pro, MB1500

•        SnapAV WattBox IP+ Controllable Outlets

•        Time2 Wi-Fi Smart Socket

•        Ubiquity mFi Controllable Power Outlet (UNIFI)

•        WISPP WiFi Smart Plug (and similar ones)

More to be added shortly

Silvio

Yes, Bluebolt is a trademark of Panamax.When we refer to Panamax PDUs they are actually the Bluebolt models.

Will-DSI
Just now, Silvio said:

Yes, Bluebolt is a trademark of Panamax.When we refer to Panamax PDUs they are actually the Bluebolt models.

Silvio,

Thanks, apologizes for not catching on to that.

Silvio

Actually thanks for pointing this out. As a lot of people actually refers to Bluebolt rather than Panamax. So we are going to write this more clearly in our documenatation.

Thank you

Will-DSI

Once you have "Unlocked" the features in config tab, how do you change the username and password if you entered the correct one, or for some unknown reason its failing to log in ?

Silvio

Domotz periodically checks the status of the PDU. If at some point you change the password of the PDU it will stop connecting, and when you enter the config page there will be a popup asking you to re-enter the password.

Pls have a look to chapter 4.4.4.1 of our user guide you can download here https://www.domotz.com/knowledge-base/

LaRussa

I just discovered this “Connect a Device” feature. It saves time by not having to search through my various PDUs.

However, it would be nice if I can add this to my Internet Modem which is plugged into Port 1 of my SnapAv Wattbox. Because it is not part of the network scan, it does not show up as an option to add it.

Is there a workaround for this?  Can I add a network device manually?

Giancarlo
8 hours ago, LaRussa said:

I just discovered this “Connect a Device” feature. It saves time by not having to search through my various PDUs.

However, it would be nice if I can add this to my Internet Modem which is plugged into Port 1 of my SnapAv Wattbox. Because it is not part of the network scan, it does not show up as an option to add it.

Is there a workaround for this?  Can I add a network device manually?

There is not yet a possibility to manually add a device, but you can assign custom names to the PDU outlet. In this way you don't need to remember the port to which your Internet Modem is connected to. I agree this is not yet the best (it would be better to have the Internet Router in the list of devices).

LaRussa

Adding dummy devices will be important once you add "connection topology" feature set, so unmanaged switches and Directv DECA devices can be inserted.

AWHS
On 6/22/2016 at 2:11 AM, hdsystems said:

Updated list (as of June 16, 2016):

PDU & smart plugs

•        APC

•        Amcrest

•        Aten

•        Belkin WeMo Switch

•        Digital-Loggers

•        Keene Electronics IPSMW1

•        Kankun (and similar JJPlus ones)

•        Orvibo Smart Socket (WiWo)

•        Pakedge PDU

•        Panamax/Bluebolt SM3-Pro, M4315-Pro, MB1500

•        SnapAV WattBox IP+ Controllable Outlets

•        Time2 Wi-Fi Smart Socket

•        Ubiquity mFi Controllable Power Outlet (UNIFI)

•        WISPP WiFi Smart Plug (and similar ones)

More to be added shortly

Add

http://www.efergy.com/ego/

Silvio

From the Customer Management tile, go to Client App. For each device you will be able to specify whether you want to enable power control for devices. Pls have a try

gmedia01

See here:

https://www.screencast.com/t/kcpIzoB2c

I have unchecked the power option, refreshed, re-checked it, logged-out/logged-in, etc.

I also unchecked all devices except the WEMO, but it still shows 5 devices :(

Thank you for your hellp!

Chris

I figured out why the apps were appearing. The "important" filter is default instead of the "all".

No luck on the power though. Are there integration notes I should know about?

Chris

Silvio

Have you connected any device?

If you attach (from the domotz app) a device named NNN to the wemo, you should see a power button  inside NNN (withn the Violet app as well as he Domotz app).

I guess we did not provide direct acccess to PDUs (and wemo is threated as a PDU) because majority of installers we polled when we designed the Violet app did not want too give direct access to the PDUs power.

The idea behind is to give to the end customer only access to the endpoint the want to reboot. So if its objective is to reboot a TV we want to provide the button inside the TV and not to the pdu allowing this. 

Now I definitly understand that you don't  like this, and may be a non sense for smart plugs like wemo. We have to work at enhancing he user experience in this cases.

Please let me know if it works with the attached device. If not, please best to contact our suppor team.

Thanks,

Silvio

gmedia01

That helps tremendously Silvio! Thanks!

Is there a tutorial or integration guide for domotz, or is it kind of learn it yourself via trial and error and the forums?

As far as giving the customer access in Violet to PDU's, we have the toggle in the pro app, so I would say let us decide to give or not give access. Right? Hopefully that is a simple adjustment for development. Otherwise, gray out the toggle on that device (PDU) if it means nothing.

I don't mind to add "connected" devices to PDU's. Maybe the only tweak I would do there is to give the option to add a non-connected device, like a lamp, etc. What do you think?

Chris

Silvio

Yes we will add the possibility of adding non-connected devices (e.g. like a lamp).

About tutorial and material for Domotz there is a complete user guide, and some video here

https://www.domotz.com/knowledge-base/

The user guide is very complete, but does not include features added in the last few months (a new version of the iuser guide is being released within a week or two). Hope this help