Generating shared alerts in response to specific SNMP variable conditions

StuartG

I need to generate a shared alerts in response to specific SNMP variable conditions. An example would be if a temp sensor goes over 80Deg generate a shared alert. The reason for this is the the need to use teams or other integration systems to report the issue.

Currently it looks like you can only do this for Personal Alerts but that only supports email and mobile notifications.

Also you add Pre-configured SNMP Sensors and you can see/chart those variables but no place to set an alert on a value.

Shared alerts only has:

Retrieve any SNMP Event

What triggers an event, it seems to be no place to set a variable and value which trigger an "Event" when using shared alerts.

Hi Stuart,

first of all, we apologize for the current complexity in setting up a Shared Alert for SNMP events. Currently it is counter-intuitive. But we will fix that User Experience in the next few months.

At the moment, in order to have a Shared Alert on an event involving SNMP values, the actions required are the following:

1. Configure a "Custom" Alert on the Device where you have the SNMP sensor, with the trigger that you prefer on a specific SNMP variable (this is under Personal alerts):

image.png

You don't need to select any notification channel in this phase (which will deliver the notification as Personal alert). This step is only required to configure a "trigger" condition for that specific SNMP OiD

2.  Configure a Shared Alert profile, making sure to select the "Device SNMP Events" for that profile:

image.png

3. Apply the Shared Alert profile to all the devices where you want to be notified for the SNMP Events (custom triggers previously set):

image.png

--

As mentioned above, it is our intention to simplify this approach in the next few months.

Thanks for your reply. That works as described. I have one question however. Because you have to use Personal Alerts to define the snmp values to generate shared alerts they are not visible to other operations personal who have a different logins. Also if I move on and my account is deleted from Domotz what happens to the alerts I have created? What is the recommended approach here.

Thanks,

Stuart

Thanks for the feedback Stuart. Your concerns make sense (and this is also the reason why we are going to change that behavior). With regard to the removal of the "accounts" our suggestion is to configure the Custom thresholds (under Personal Alerts) using the Team Leader account