Custom name for TCP Services?

FusionScott

I want to monitor my SenseAI instance which runs on port 5000. When I go to add a TCP Service and type 5000 it comes up uPnP. Now my server appears to be running "Universal PnP, also Free Internet Chess Server". Can I edit this?

Hello @FusionScott,

At the moment there is no option to customize the TCP service name, I just added your name to the feature request to give you this option. We will let you know when this is released in the future.

HS

• Upvote 1

So is there another way to monitor business services that I'm missing?

Say I'm running a custom service on port 5050 of serverxyz and I want to monitor the service, not just the up/down of the server. Is that possible some other way?

17 hours ago, FusionScott said:

So is there another way to monitor business services that I'm missing?

Say I'm running a custom service on port 5050 of serverxyz and I want to monitor the service, not just the up/down of the server. Is that possible some other way?

you can still monitor the TCP services on ports 5000 and 5050 (and receive alerts when for instance they are not running anymore). The limitation is that you cannot assign a "custom" name to those services. 

So my team will get an alert that our free internet chess server is down? Great :)

Well, the software you have is running on a port that is commonly used by the UPnP service (that is is used everywhere) and with some free internet chess servers, so at the moment, if you continue using this very same port, yes, the alert will come with the name of the known services that uses this port.

If you prefer to not overlap this port (5000), you could be changing the service port to some other not known to be used by some common service (e.g. 5005).

We hope to release the option to rename the service to anything you want soon, as said we will let you know when this is released.

HS