TokyoIoT

Raspberry Pi is Down

TokyoIoT

My agent running on a Raspberry Pi 2 went down two weeks ago on April 4/7. Rebooting does not help; it never reboots and it shows a message that the tasks Swapper and Kwonkers timed out after 120 seconds.

Any thoughts?

Giancarlo

It seems that the Raspberry Pi SD card is not working any more.

Please, check the SD card.

cjohlandt
5 hours ago, Giancarlo said:

It seems that the Raspberry Pi SD card is not working any more.

Please, check the SD card.

Do you have any recommendations for SD cards the are good for long-term use?  I've been having problems with SD cards becoming corrupt and the Pi won't be a viable solution for Domotz in a client's house if I can't get this resolved.

Thanks.

-Chris

Giancarlo
10 hours ago, cjohlandt said:

Do you have any recommendations for SD cards the are good for long-term use?  I've been having problems with SD cards becoming corrupt and the Pi won't be a viable solution for Domotz in a client's house if I can't get this resolved.

Thanks.

-Chris

Very good question. It's quite hard to find a reliable SD card, and in any case, they are not very cheap.

For professional usage, we recommend the Domotz Box. It will be available in few weeks (it's now in the packaging and shipping phase).

Check-out features and advantages of Domotz Box here:

https://www.domotz.com/installation/#domotzbox

It is equipped with an on-board eMMC, with a much much longer life than any SD card you can use on Raspberry Pi. Moreover it's much faster (it's based on an Intel Processor), and faster communication: ethernet card speed up to 1 Gbps (instead of the 100 Mbps offered by the Raspberry Pi): in this way, you can also perform speed-tests with much higher bandwidth. 

• Upvote 1