How to Refresh Page Data?

PBNJ-Phill

Hi There,

New to Domotz so still lots to learn. One issue I'm encountering right away is that being new I'm often wanting to refresh the page to make sure I'm actually looking at up to date data. However refreshing the browser always logs me out (both undesired and unexpected behaviour). Is there a better or recommended way to refresh the page data? I have noticed in a couple places their is a small "refresh data" button but not on a Device Page for example. Am I missing an obvious button somewhere?

Edit: Just realized I wasn't in the area I meant to be when posting this, mods feel free to move this from "Getting Started" to "User Portal and Web App". Thanks.

Thanks in advance!

Phill

Edited by PBNJ-Phill

Hi Phill,

thanks for your interest in Domotz and for posting on this community.

Please note that the majority of the "tabs" in the web-app where data need to be "refreshed" has an automatic reload of the data (depending on the type of data). For instance, in the list of devices, the list is reloaded every 15 seconds. In the sites-explorer, the list is refreshed every 3 minutes.

On the other hand, on some "more static" tabs, a refresh button is available, when a change is expected to be reloaded manually (for instance in the Inventory tabs for sites and devices).

I hope this helps. If you need any assistance, or you believe some data are stale, please contact support@domotz.com

Thanks,

Giancarlo

• Like 1

The issue is that means we have to assume that the auto refresh is always working. If I see data that I don't expect, or missing the first step is to force a refresh of the page, logging out should not be the default behaviour IMO. Thanks for clarifying the timing though!

23 hours ago, PBNJ-Phill said:

The issue is that means we have to assume that the auto refresh is always working. If I see data that I don't expect, or missing the first step is to force a refresh of the page, logging out should not be the default behaviour IMO. Thanks for clarifying the timing though!

Thanks for the feedback. We will look into the "Refresh" of the Web Page so that the account is not logged out.

6 hours ago, Giancarlo said:

Thanks for the feedback. We will look into the "Refresh" of the Web Page so that the account is not logged out.

Hi Phill,

very quick update on this. As of this morning, you should be able to hit the refresh button on the Web Pages, and still keep it logged.

Best regards,

Giancarlo