Monthly Subscriptions Are Here Read more... ×
j0nz

Where are the SNMP settings configured

j0nz

I have been looking through the forums and there is some discussion around SNMP usually in conjunction with network managed switches , I would like to be able to use SNMP for monitoring but cannot find the configuration... (Feel a bit stoopid) can anyone direct me to where they are?

Thanks

Hardware Raspberry pi 3

Agent Version   1.1.0
Package Version  1.0.9-271

Edited by j0nz

Silvio

Hi Jonz,

Thanks for your question: the way we communicate our features is definitely not always clear.

The idea behind Domotz is to minimise configurations at the user side. As soon as we support new stuff we will automatically add. In the case of SNMP our coverage at the moment is limited, but automatically done. What we display right now.

- In the "Info section" of the device you may see SNMP name and some other basic system information detected via SNMP

- for a number of switches you can see "ethernet port" information (status, speed): this should automatically work for any switch supporting standard MIBs (and read community set to public)

- for some switches we support , PoE and automated network mapping (a pretty unique feature you can't find in other tools). See picure below. Right now this is only enabled for Luxul switches. Within few days we are going to extend this su Cisco SG-xxx/Linksys  models and going forward to as many switches as we can

Generally speaking we do not require any special settings for SNMP. Just make sure that read and write communities are set to public (we are also going to support different write community).

network mapping & poe.png

j0nz

thanks....impressed with domotz overall although like you say " the way we communicate our features is definitely not always clear." but I have been very impressed with all the features. Especially as I stumbled over what the remote connection can do! 

I would be interested in you adding Ubiquity https://www.ubnt.com/ devices in your standard support but like you have said in other places there is a long list on things that you are working on. Keep it up! Thanks

Jonathan Hall

Silvio

Ubiquiti will come soon after the Cisco and Netgear. End of july in the very worst case. It is already in our TODO

VarnoTek

Can the Domotz agent receive SMTP Trap messages? If so, what port does it use to receive?

VarnoTek

How far down the road map is the ability to specify community strings for both read and read-write?

Some firewall/routers display the router password via snmp. This is a concern on large networks where the community string is "public" where its possible for someone to plug in to an active jack, run an SNMP Walk and get the router password. 

ilkevinli

How about TP-Link switches ? I would really love to see the POE information. I'm currently using the TL-SG2424P switch.

• Upvote 1

Will-DSI

Where can I set the SNMP community string ? I have been unable to locate this setting anywhere. I have multiple devices with SNMP enabled w/ a none default community string, and they are not being picked up by the Domotz.

Silvio

Right now we only use some default values for the communities (please refer to User Guide). We are going to implement a mechanism similar to the PDUs asking you to enter the R/W community when info are not found.

Derek
On 21/06/2016 at 11:50 AM, ilkevinli said:

How about TP-Link switches ? I would really love to see the POE information. I'm currently using the TL-SG2424P switch.

Yes, I'm also using this exact same switch and would love to see it supported. I'm brand new to Domotz (great work so far) and still taking a tour of the features, but wanted to ask, if this switch gets support and SNMP is set to read/write, would the app be able to turn POE on and off for individual ports?

Jonathan

Any update regarding SNMP on Ubiquiti Unifi / Edge / Airfiber equipment?  There is a fair amount of useful information which OID's can provide.  Currently I'm using my unifi cloud for some of this info and was able to find out that a switch is overheating (88deg C) but info that would have been a thumbs up if it came from Domotz.

• Upvote 1

rgericke
On 9/2/2016 at 3:43 AM, Jonathan said:

Any update regarding SNMP on Ubiquiti Unifi / Edge / Airfiber equipment?  There is a fair amount of useful information which OID's can provide.  Currently I'm using my unifi cloud for some of this info and was able to find out that a switch is overheating (88deg C) but info that would have been a thumbs up if it came from Domotz.

+1 Any update on Ubiquiti Unifi?

Giancarlo

Please visit the Community section with the updated list of supported managed network switches.

Some of the above mentioned ones, are already supported.

motech
On 1/12/2017 at 11:29 AM, Giancarlo said:

Please visit the Community section with the updated list of supported managed network switches.

Some of the above mentioned ones, are already supported.

can you please be specific about how we configure the unifi switch?

are we just turning on SNMP and putting in "public" for the community string?

Giancarlo
17 hours ago, motech said:

can you please be specific about how we configure the unifi switch?

are we just turning on SNMP and putting in "public" for the community string?

Actually, by switching on the SNMP you can choose the community string you want, and then just match that in Domotz, under the Device Details tab, just open the SNMP part:

Screen Shot 2018-09-04 at 12.48.20 PM.png