Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Carl

200 status changes in 24 hrs

Carl

I'm really pleased with the Domotz Pro service and application having installed a home set-up a little over 24 hrs ago. One curiosity is why my iPad Pro has changed status 200 times in 24 hrs (losing and recovering its heartbeat regularly every few minutes). My iPhone doesn't do that. And the iPad does this even with no applications running and the cover shut. I wondered if anyone has an explanation for that behaviour?

Silvio

Yes, mobile devices have very different devices. For instance on an ipad of my kids I noticed that it behaves like yours. But when it is connected to power, it is always alive.

Some iPhones also behave in the same way, but not all of them, like in your case. 

Giancarlo

from a mobile perspective it is quite smart: they disconnect the WiFi when in standby (with just sporadic reconnect to get notification). In this way the devices save battery

ravedog

I get mobile devices dropping wifi. But my Apple TV 4 with Ethernet loses heartbeat at least 1500 times a day. Yes. One thousand five hundred. Any ideas?