mikyy

Windows 10

mikyy

Hi,

do you have plans to release agent for Windows 10 (as a UWP or win32 app)?

I do have a lot of servers I would like to run Domotz (previousy running Fingbox sentinel on them).

Is there any workaround solution to achieve that?

BR,

Mikolaj

LFalkenburg

You achieve that by running a small virtual machine on your W10. That can be done by using VirtualBox.

Here is post with some more informations. 

Regards

mikyy

Hi,

Unfortunatelly my W10 machine is very limited (in terms of hardware - I am running first version of Intel Compute Stick), so running virtual machine on it is not really an option.

Are there any plans for releasing Windows client?

BR,

Mikolaj

• Upvote 1

ATCIS
On 7/30/2016 at 2:49 PM, mikyy said:

Are there any plans for releasing Windows client?

I think they know that as soon as they release a Windows Agent, they won't be selling any more Domotz Boxes at $150 per network ¬¬

• Upvote 1

HTM
On 10/16/2016 at 1:44 AM, ATCIS said:

I think they know that as soon as they release a Windows Agent, they won't be selling any more Domotz Boxes at $150 per network ¬¬

No I think it would be the opposite.  They would get more licenses sold. I can think of about 10 sites right now I would add to Domotz if they had a win10 agent.  

Domotz - Any plans for this? 

Silvio

Yes, we are very keen to have our agents installed on multiple platforms at no setup cost (and just get the licence fee).

The only problem with Windows is that we we do not have resources for implementing the porting of our agents on Windows. Our software is deeply linux-based and would require a big effort we cannot afford now..

In any case please note that few our users have created Linux Debian Virtual Machines on their Windows OS and running our agents there.

Please have a look to this section of the forum:

HTM

thanks for the info.. the only issue is that some of these job sites dont have a power hungry PC for a VM session running... but will take a look at the requirements.  

Giancarlo

As per the announcement (on top of the community forum), we have completed the development of a Domotz Agent Manager for Windows. It is still in Beta testing, but it can be downloaded and tested by anyone who wants to give it a try:

DomotzAgentManager

It has been completely tested on Windows 10, but it should work also on Windows 8 and Windows 7.

Note that the application will install an Oracle VM VirtualBox (if not installed yet) and it will download the image which contains the Domotz Agent Software. Virtualization option is required to be enabled on the hardware. 

For any feedback, issue or concern, please do not hesitate to post your comments here, or contact our Support.

Shadeofblkness

domotz for Windows OS: 

On a Windows 10, 64bit

error: "Cannot start Virtual Machine .

Please try again or contact our support at support@domotz.com"