installersteve

Setting up alerts across the whole team

installersteve

We have a number of engineers and support staff who are all 'team members' under our Domotz account. When someone sets up a new agent, each team member who needs to receive alerts for devices in that project has to set them up for themselves. I can see how this can be advantageous, but it would be great if there were a way to share your alerts set up for a particular project to other members so that they don't have to go through everything themselves. 

Maybe it would be possible to set up more team member types (e.g. technical, sales, etc) and then on each project set up the default alerts for that team member type? Or perhaps you could set up alert groups that a person could subscribe to?

Using a system like this means that if a new device is added and an alert set up for it (e.g. an engineer goes to site and installs something new) everyone who is subscribed to that projects alerts would then automatically be set up and ready to go. 

• Upvote 1

Silvio

Yes, I understand the need. 

We are working at making groups of users, groups of agents, but can't see this can come soon.

I've seen two practices used by few of our users:

1. Use a mailing list as a team member:

- create a new team member to use a team member (e.g. my_mailing_list@mycompany.com)  and use that account to set-up alerts

- have all involved people within the mailing list

2. Use a 3rd party ticketing system (for some large organisations might be useful for other reasons too).

- create a new team member by using the list processed by the ticketing system (e.g. support@mycompany.com), and use that account to set-up alerts

- by this way you can apply any feature of the ticketing system

These practices may solve many needs (at least if you only use email notification and not push notifications). Hope can work for you for the time being at least.

Thx

installersteve
5 hours ago, Silvio said:

Yes, I understand the need. 

We are working at making groups of users, groups of agents, but can't see this can come soon.

I've seen two practices used by few of our users:

1. Use a mailing list as a team member:

- create a new team member to use a team member (e.g. my_mailing_list@mycompany.com)  and use that account to set-up alerts

- have all involved people within the mailing list

2. Use a 3rd party ticketing system (for some large organisations might be useful for other reasons too).

- create a new team member by using the list processed by the ticketing system (e.g. support@mycompany.com), and use that account to set-up alerts

- by this way you can apply any feature of the ticketing system

These practices may solve many needs (at least if you only use email notification and not push notifications). Hope can work for you for the time being at least.

Thx

Thanks Silvio, great advice.

nsav

Whatever happened with this? I have 5 team members that need visibility to the alerts, configuring alerts for individuals is impractical. 

Silvio

Hi nsav,

Sorry we haven't given priority to this anymore, as it looks like majority of our users are happy with usage of ticketing systems or mailing lists

TimR

We're using GSuite and use groups setup as a mailing list and add users as needed to the groups. I then add the email address associated with the group as a team member. You'll need to check the group inbox for the welcome message. Once this is done, it's a matter of logging in and setting up the alerts as needed for each group.  Although this is a bit clunky, it's worked for us just fine.