Sign in to follow this  
Barlo

Headless setup on a Raspberry Pi

Barlo

Would it be possible to get instructions for setting up Domotz on a headless Raspberry Pi? 

Lars

Would it be possible to get instructions for setting up Domotz on a headless Raspberry Pi? 

You can use wget to download the file once we start the closed beta on the 12th of October.

The rest of the instructions would be the same, as you have to simply type a couple of commands for the install side of things on the Raspberry Pi, it's not very hard.

From there on, you'd access the Agent via the IP address of your Raspberry Pi, as it it has its own web UI.

fillibar

I have been using SSH to work with my RasPi and it has worked fine for all steps. Makes it easier to use another full-fledged browser for the final account activation/linkage step.

• Upvote 1

fillibar

Performed the entire uninstall, download, and install process remotely using SSH today from my smartphone. Then went into Chrome to link the agent to my account. I had to make port forwards for those to work outside of my network but there were no issues with the actual steps.

• Upvote 1

Barlo

I used the instructions posted for a headless setup with the wget Dropbox link to get the beata working on a Pi.

Worked great. Thanks!