Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

giojohn

Setting UP New Domotz Box

giojohn

Trying to set up  anew Client with a new Domotz Black Box and I am having issues.

First off the LAN Amber light blinks continuously with the Green LAN light blinking every two to three seconds. 

Yet after 30 + minutes we still cannot see nor ping the box. I would think the green LAN light would go solid and stay solid.

We are using a sonic Firewall wireless box that we assign IP's to MAC addresses. No DHCP on this network

The Domotz box has something loose on the inside, but so did the last one i set up for the Yogo Inn.  Could it be that it is trying to do the update you initiated several weeks ago first ?

Does the Domotz box allow us to assign a static IP? If so how can we go about doing that?

Giancarlo

Hi Giojohn,

can you please send the MAC address of this Box to our support (support@domotz.com).

We are glad to help you managing this case. 

Note: it is possible to assign the static IP, but it requires  the TUI to run.

giojohn

I replaced the domotz box with another one.  I will need to purchase additional licenses to test the one I was having trouble with. I would like more information on how to assign static IP's to these units.

Thank you

Giancarlo

According with our DB, you should already have an available License. Just let us know if this is not the case. Feel free to contact to have an additional trial license.

With regard to the Static IPs for the Box, all the boxes are now provisioned with a TUI (Text User Interface) to configure it. I'm sending you instruction on how to use it.

giojohn

Giancarlo,

I was looking at the activation date of Hobson Ins. and it states that it was activated in June when in fact int should have been in late July as this was the account I was having issues with. see above post timeline.

Also noticed on two of my Licenses we see a new tab " Extend" Why not the other's ?

On 9/2/2016 at 1:44 AM, Giancarlo said:

According with our DB, you should already have an available License. Just let us know if this is not the case. Feel free to contact to have an additional trial license.

With regard to the Static IPs for the Box, all the boxes are now provisioned with a TUI (Text User Interface) to configure it. I'm sending you instruction on how to use it.

That was very helpful Thank you, your support is second to none.

giojohn

This is the MAC address of the Domotz box that I was trying to set up for Hobson Ins. F44D3004F5BF  I have since tried alternate power supply and also tried to set it up for Beartooth Hideaway. I ended up using a Rasberry Pi box for Beartooth Hideaway.  Do you have an RMA procedure in place?

Please advise.

Giancarlo

Sorry Giojohn, I just saw this message. Unfortunately, with the CEDIA going on I missed some alerts from the community forum. Did you get any feedback from Domotz (except me)? I would suggest to contact our support to proceed with the RMA (or eventually check the status of the Box). Please, really apologize for this delayed answer.