Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tyler

Updating Local Agent Loop

Tyler

Domotz as installed fine on my Pi model B from a few years ago. On setup, loading the local network web portal produces the Updating local agent message. After a while it finally allows me to login with Domotz and everything works fine (device shows up in web portal, finds some devices etc). After a few minutes of working fine, device seems to go offline. Visiting the local web page produces the same updating local agent message and after a while allows me to login again. 

This seems to repeat in a loop. I've never been able to keep the device working for more then 20 mins at a time without the updating local agent message wreaking havoc 

Silvio

Strange.

Can you zip the content of  /var/log/domotz and send me in a private message please?

Tyler

Sent. I'm attempting to test everything with a Pi because by the time the Domotzbox arrives, I will need to leave the client site and won't be returning for sometime. Everything needs to be working, and it's infuriating to try to test with this software resetting every few minutes. I would hope that the pro product doesn't do anything like this.

Tommaso

Hi Tyler,

I'm part of the Domotz Team. Thank you for sending us the log, I checked this and it seems that the update procedure entered in a loop.

I think the root cause is related to something in your file system. Can you check the permission of domotz directories?

ls -al /opt/domotz
ls -al /opt/domotz/lib/node_modules

I think we can switch the discussion to email. Please send an email to the support team and we'll open a ticket with it.

Ciao!

AWHS
On 9/6/2016 at 8:21 PM, Tyler said:

Domotz as installed fine on my Pi model B from a few years ago. On setup, loading the local network web portal produces the Updating local agent message. After a while it finally allows me to login with Domotz and everything works fine (device shows up in web portal, finds some devices etc). After a few minutes of working fine, device seems to go offline. Visiting the local web page produces the same updating local agent message and after a while allows me to login again. 

This seems to repeat in a loop. I've never been able to keep the device working for more then 20 mins at a time without the updating local agent message wreaking havoc 

A lot of these type of problems with the pi are (inexplicably) related to the SD Card. I find most of these problems are resolved by doing a "Full (Overwrite)" erase of your SD card and starting again using SDFormatter.