Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AWHS

Ooops! Oops, something went wrong.

AWHS

I find that I get a "Lot" of speed test errors. Possibly half the time it fails. There must be a bug somewhere. Typically it will do the download speed test, then the upload speed test, both arrows will go green, then about 5 to 10 seconds later it will say "Ooops". Screen print follows.

Screenshot_20160910-194408.png

I get the same problem on the desktop.

• Windows 10 | Intel i5 | 2.80 GHz | 8.00 GB RAM | x64
  • Chrome browser | Version 52.0.2743.116 m
  • Windows firewall managed by Norton Internet Security | fully patched
  • Typically takes 20-25 seconds to complete the test (or report an error) after both green ticks appear

Screenshot 2016-09-10 20.20.40.png

AWHS

Samsung Galaxy S7 phone.

I get the same problem on the desktop.

• Windows 10 | Intel i5 | 2.80 GHz | 8.00 GB RAM | x64
  • Chrome browser | Version 52.0.2743.116 m
  • Windows firewall managed by Norton Internet Security | fully patched
  • Typically takes 20-25 seconds to complete the test (or report an error) after both green ticks appear

Screenshot 2016-09-10 20.20.40.png

Silvio

No matter of the client you use. The test is initiated from the agent, and perhaps the nearest servers are not reachable. Actually if you get this error, they are reachable - so we try them and do not skip to other. Unfortunately we use external server for the speedtest which are not under our control. Please keep an eye over the next few days to see if it is just a temporary issue or not.

Rudicircle

I see this same error fairly often, too. However, I notice it appears more on agents running on RasPi than Odroid. In fact, I've probably only seen it happen once or twice on Odroid and when it occurs on RasPi it is usually followed by the orange banner at the top with the "Some service are down, Please restart..." message.

To add to that, the above orange banner message tends to appear after agent version updates, then I have to re-apply the resource limiting patch you recommended previously.

I think overall it is mainly down to the RasPi not having as much processing power and memory as an Odroid.

AWHS

I have just zipped up and sent Silvio the contents of  /var/log/domotz 

Installed on a brand new Raspberry Pi 3 - clean install. Everything else works perfectly and I mean perfectly.

Happens almost every time for me.

AWHS

I have just zipped up and sent Silvio the contents of  /var/log/domotz 

Installed on a brand new Raspberry Pi 3 - clean install. Everything else works perfectly and I mean perfectly.

Happens almost every time for me.

Update -

I did a complete wipe of the agent, used SDFormatter, full overwrite format, completely reinstalled Raspian, then the agent, and I am getting the same issue again.

Screenshot 2016-09-15 00.23.49.png

Silvio

We have a bug apparenty. When the nearest server is not available we should try another one. But apparently it is not working in your case.

I am submitting to the dev team for fixing 

Silvio

After your last comment, the developer working at this has promised the fix to be ready in production at some point next week! Will let you know!

Silvio

Thanks!

Unfortunately if you go  on the app stores (apple, android) we often get bad reviews from random users that just download the app and do not know how to get things working. Typically are people that do not even understand the concept of "agent" and expect to do everything from the app only. Some others complaining that the price of 2.99 per month is too high (which is ingenerous comment, there is a lot of hard work  behind!). Of course these comments have zero value: clearly these are people that do not need Domotz! But at the end this may affect our image.

So I want to take the chance to ask you, and anyone who likes Domotz Pro, to also put 5 marks on the app stores, and possibly add a nice comment.

We would really appreciate!

LaRussa

We have the same prob it seems very often now. Either test fails or speed is wrong. I use my Ethernet connected computer as a speed test reference.