Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MAFTIM

static IP and TUI (Text User Interface)

MAFTIM

I have downloaded the Agent to a Raspberry Pi and the system is working well with a dynamically-assigned IP address.  I want to change to a static IP address.  Will you please provide information on how to obtain the TUI and instructions for using it to set a static IP?

Thanks!

AWHS

Hello, I am a newbie and this might be a bum steer but I don't think you can do that on a Raspberry Pi <?>. I got my Pi working a couple of days ago. It was easy. Followed the Domotz instructions exactly and it happened without a glitch. But I had to go back to my router to set static IP addresses (which I did). I changed a few in the process. Don't forget to reboot everything (router, Pi and the target devices) and then you are in business. I found that the Domotz Pi agent picked up the new IP addresses very quickly. Interesting it says that both the Pi's WiFi and ethernet / LAN MAC addresses are active. Most other devices the WiFi goes silent when connected to an ethernet cable but not the Pi.

Giancarlo

With regard to the TUI, that tool is only available with the Domotz Pi and Domotz Box. Sorry for that.