Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Slop

Deep package inspection and Traffic statistic

Slop

Hi,

I would like to see Features like Deep Package Inspection and Traffic Statistics for all Clients.

I hope this is even possible.

Lars

Deep packet inspection is really hard to do and generally requires a dedicated co-processor to do at real time speed. This is something that isn't possible with the current hardware, but who knows what the future holds.

Slop

Thx for reply.

DPI would be a great feature for me and worth to buy new Hardware :D

Gilles1507

Is it possible to add an NetFlow listener which forwards the information centrally?

Maybe some basic netflow analysis on the agent?

rgericke

Have you seen the product "Circle" with Disney. They don't exactly do DPI but they do do some fancy magic using ARP Poisoning. It's a product worth looking at, and "reverse engineering" to potentially provide or improve upon feature sets.

Giancarlo

On 12/29/2016 at 3:43 AM, rgericke said:

Have you seen the product "Circle" with Disney. They don't exactly do DPI but they do do some fancy magic using ARP Poisoning. It's a product worth looking at, and "reverse engineering" to potentially provide or improve upon feature sets.

This is something we are looking at. Definitely something similar will be available on FingBox, but it will also be added to Domotz Pro as well. Not known yet when this will be available.