Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rgericke

PC & Mac Monitoring Agents

rgericke

It would be great if we could have some PC & Mac monitoring agents that allowed us to do health checks and remote patching.

Tommaso

Hi rgericke, 

porting on Windows and MAC OSx is something that we're thinking about.

It's not so easy, to be honest. Hence, I don't think that we'll deliver it soon.

SpivR

I suggest Domotz license a MDM agent.  I have been working with Cisco Meraki MDM and once you install their agent on the client device, the amount of management that is feasible is awesome.

Cisco Meraki MDM is totally free of charge - so I recommend anyone exploring MDM take a look at it.  They support cross platform (macOS, Windows, iOS, Android, and Linux).

With a Meraki MDM agent installed, you have full remote access to the target device (except iOS which does not allow remote access) and can inventory software installed, and do a lot of other management stuff.

It would make the most sense for Domotz to work with 3rd party MDM (or license one to include) rather than re-invent the wheel.

However, MDM is a natural expansion for Domotz monitoring to provide, ultimately, a single-console solution for network and client device management.

shawn

If you are not able to get the Mac/Win agents out the door, how about a RESTful API and we can make our own agents? Then we could post what we want with JSON, kind of like custom Slack messages.

Silvio

Yea, a restful api allowing users to feed extra data into our platform, is definitely what we are planning to do during Q1 2017!