gmedia01

Open Port Check & Alerts

gmedia01

I'm assuming that I cannot see what ports are open with Domotz as of yet, so this will be a feature request.

We usually use canyouseeme.org to see if certain ports are open for remote access, but this is not something we can do remotely with Domotz, we'll have to be on-site or use Teamviewer.

1. It would be a great tool to be able to somehow see if certain ports are open.

2. It would be great to be able to set alerts when ports are open or used. I can see this being a big deal and very useful for cyber security.

Thanks!

Chris

Tommaso

Hi,

actually we scan a small set of ports:

80, 8000, 8001, 8080, 8888, 5000, 3000, // HTTP
    443, // HTTPS
    3389, // RDP
    22, // SSH
    23, // TelNet
    5900 // VNC

However, the main purpose of this scan is not the security while to provide default channel for remote connection.

We might think to add a full scan on request on a per-device basis.

As you can imagine, we cannot enable this feature by default because it's really intrusive.

Let me know if you need further clarification.

gmedia01

Even a tool that would allow us to enter in any port number into a field and click on a button that will tell us if this port is open to the public web, would be great!

Why would a full scan be so intrusive? I think I'm a bit ignorant here.

Thank you for your reply!

Chris

audiofreak

Interesting.  While I was at CES, my my buddy got an open port alert from his Fing box.  Since Domotz and Fing are the same company and basically the same service branded for different channels why can't the Domotz box do the same?  This would be REALLY useful to a custom installer.  https://www.fing.io/support/internet-connection-security-check/

Edited by audiofreak
  • Upvote 1