Giancarlo

Synology x18 Series (2018 Synology Models) - package available

Giancarlo

We have great news, our package for the x18 series (2018 Synology Models) was just released, it's under approval process to be available on the Synology store but you can try it manually.

We currently support two different architectures, and you can check at the following link which architecture is used by your NAS:

https://github.com/SynoCommunity/spksrc/wiki/Architecture-per-Synology-model

Please download the one for your Architecture:

apollolake (DS218+, DS418play, DS718+, DS918+):
domotz-syno-apollolake-6.1-2.1.5-1.7.5-b001-0001.spk

rtd1296 (DS418j, DS418, DS218, DS218play, DS118) :
domotz-syno-rtd1296-6.1-2.1.5-1.7.5-b001-0001.spk

Please install it on your Synology NAS and let us know if you have any problems. On the other hand, please let us know if the installation works properly.

Corban

Hi Giancarlo,

Good news!

I have installed the agent on my DS218+ with no issues at all. Discovery was a breeze and I’ve also got the iPhone app displaying data.

So far, so very good.  I’ll post back after a few days of running with further feedback.

thanks!

• Upvote 1

Giancarlo
1 hour ago, Corban said:

I have installed the agent on my DS218+ with no issues at all. Discovery was a breeze and I’ve also got the iPhone app displaying data.

So far, so very good.

Thanks for confirming this.

woOrszt

It seems the download links are not available anymore. Or do i miss anything?

Giancarlo
7 hours ago, woOrszt said:

It seems the download links are not available anymore. Or do i miss anything?

Please, apologize for the malfunction of links. We were publishing new packages.

The link are back available. We have also added newer package at the following links:

apollolake (DS218+, DS418play, DS718+, DS918+):

domotz-syno-apollolake-6.1-2.1.5-1.7.5-b001-0001.spk

rtd1296 (DS418j, DS418, DS218, DS218play, DS118) :
domotz-syno-rtd1296-6.1-2.1.5-1.7.5-b001-0001.spk

William

Will there be a version for braswell (x64)? 

The app from the package center doesn't work.

Giancarlo
16 hours ago, William said:

Will there be a version for braswell (x64)? 

The app from the package center doesn't work.

For the NAS based on Braswell architecture, we have the following latest package (if you want to install manually):

https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/domotz-temporary/domotz-syno-generic-atom-6.1-2.4.4-2.3.1-b001-test.spk

Note: we have submitted the package to Synology, but they have not yet promoted to their store.

True-Aspect

Would love a .spk file that would allow us to install Domotz on the Synology Router(s).   Any thoughts on that??

henriquesalvador

Hi @True-Aspect,

The architecture is supported (e.g. NorthStarPlus for the RT1900 AC) however there is a lack Disk space to run the package if you want to manually install you may use an USB drive and force the package installation on it.

This is the package for the NorthStarPlus arch: https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/domotz-temporary/syno/domotz-syno-northstarplus-1.1-2.4.3-2.3.1-b001-0064.spk

Let us know if you succeed!

Kind regards,

Henrique Salvador

Domotz Support

True-Aspect

How about for the RT2600 router?  Not really installing the RT1900 routers since the 2600 came out.

henriquesalvador

Hi @True-Aspect,

The RT2600ac model uses the IPQ8065 processor from Qualcomm, this package should be compatible:

https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/domotz-temporary/syno/domotz-syno-ipq806x-1.1-2.4.3-2.3.1-b001-0064.spk

Keep in mind that although the processor is compatible we have never tested the Agent on Synology routers. You will probably have to use an external storage to install the Agent as in the RT1900ac model.

Let us know if you succeed.

Kind regards,

Henrique Salvador

Domotz Support

True-Aspect

I can get it to install, but it wont run.  Ive tried to install it and then run after installation option and it just hangs trying to run.  Ive also tried installing and then running after installed manually.  Same results, just hangs.  

Both times i could not log back into the router once i left the config page and or rebooted the router.  Had to reset the router to defaults to gain access to the router login page.

True-Aspect

Would really like to get this working.  Any thoughts?

Giancarlo

Hi there, unfortunately we don't even have a Synology Router to make our own tests and see what is preventing the software to run properly. The packages released for Synology are officially tested on NAS architectures and are supposed to be hosted there.

Would it be possible for you to provide one of those Routers or access to them? Can you please clarify if you did follow the recommendation of adding external USB drive for storage? We only had a few users in the past able to successfully install the Domotz software on the Synology Router, but apparently they are not giving the advice here on how they succeed :(

HTM
On 2/12/2019 at 1:27 PM, Giancarlo said:

Hi there, unfortunately we don't even have a Synology Router to make our own tests and see what is preventing the software to run properly. The packages released for Synology are officially tested on NAS architectures and are supposed to be hosted there.

Would it be possible for you to provide one of those Routers or access to them? Can you please clarify if you did follow the recommendation of adding external USB drive for storage? We only had a few users in the past able to successfully install the Domotz software on the Synology Router, but apparently they are not giving the advice here on how they succeed :(

True-Aspect - Did you ever get this to work? 

Domotz - Did you ever get access to this router to test?  Looking to get this working on their routers.   

Giancarlo
On 3/15/2019 at 6:07 PM, HTM said:

Domotz - Did you ever get access to this router to test?  Looking to get this working on their routers.   

Unfortunately we haven't had anyone providing access to those Routers yet. As stated above, some users in the past were able to configure the Domotz Agent on them, but it required an USB drive for the storage to be mounted on.

MisterNAS

Hi there,

is there any package available for the Synology RS816- Models?

It`s not listed in package center..

Thanks for your Support!!

Giancarlo
9 hours ago, MisterNAS said:

Hi there,

is there any package available for the Synology RS816- Models?

It`s not listed in package center..

Thanks for your Support!!

We have built a package for Armada38x (architecture behind RS816 models), but apparently it doesn't work properly on all the models. You can give it a try by manually installing it:

https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/domotz-temporary/synology-releases/domotz-syno-armada38x-5.2-2.4.5-2.5.0-b007-0064.spk

Next week we should be able to build a new package for that architecture. We will post here as well.

AnthonyF
On 1/30/2019 at 12:51 PM, henriquesalvador said:

Hi @True-Aspect,

The RT2600ac model uses the IPQ8065 processor from Qualcomm, this package should be compatible:

https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/domotz-temporary/syno/domotz-syno-ipq806x-1.1-2.4.3-2.3.1-b001-0064.spk

Keep in mind that although the processor is compatible we have never tested the Agent on Synology routers. You will probably have to use an external storage to install the Agent as in the RT1900ac model.

Let us know if you succeed.

Kind regards,

Henrique Salvador

Domotz Support

Hi Henrique - I am looking to test this on my RT2600AC with an external storage device, but the spk link is not working. Can you please advise on working link? Thank you!

Anthony

Giancarlo
On 9/2/2019 at 11:11 AM, AnthonyF said:

Hi Henrique - I am looking to test this on my RT2600AC with an external storage device, but the spk link is not working. Can you please advise on working link? Thank you!

Anthony

We have provided Synology with a newer package. Please find it at the following:

https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/domotz-temporary/synology-releases/domotz-syno-ipq806x-1.1-2.4.5-2.5.0-b007-0064.spk

Let us know if you succeed installing it with the external storage.

Thanks,

Giancarlo